Deep Learning Engineer
Vannevar Labs builds machine learning products for the country's most critical national security problems. We are uniquely qualified to succeed in this $740B market; our founders have 30 years of combined experience across national security, government sales and CIA, In-Q-Tel, DoD/JSOC, Harvard, and Stanford. We believe our military service members and intelligence officers deserve access to the best technology American innovation can offer, and we are building great products for this mission while holding ourselves to the highest standards of honorable service.
As a founding member of the team your decisions today will have a large impact on the company today and into the future. We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale - we prefer pragmatic, product-centric solutions. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale — being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
What you'll do
- Implement end-to-end deep learning systems including problem definition, data collection, data cleansing, model training and evaluation, and implementing model inference in a production environment
- Short-term projects are likely to include optical character recognition (OCR) specialized for customer use-cases, domain-specific neural machine translation, and other NLP projects
- Building proof-of-concept ML/DL projects in the areas of CV and NLP
- Participate in building a team of deep learning practitioners
- Utilize algorithms from cutting edge deep learning research papers
- Design and implement data labeling pipelines
- Implementing data pipelines in cloud computing environments
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field and experience
- 2-7 years of experience as a software engineer in industry
- Strong experience building applications or ML pipelines with Python
- Completed end-to-end ML/DL projects
- Knowledge of modern software engineering best practices in data structures, and clean code methodologies
- Experience collaborating with other software engineers to deliver great products
- Experience training deep learning models, or experience with ML and strong desire to learn
- Enthusiasm for staying up-to-date on latest CV and NLP research
- Experience with either PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Additional Qualifications (Nice to haves)
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Experienced using Bash
- Experience with hardware accelerators such as GPUs and TPUs
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t feel like you're a perfect fit. If you’re passionate about working on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!