Senior DevOps Engineer
Vannevar Labs builds machine learning products for the country's most critical national security problems. We are uniquely qualified to succeed in this $740B market; our founders have 30 years of combined experience across national security, government sales and CIA, In-Q-Tel, DoD/JSOC, Harvard, and Stanford. We believe our military service members and intelligence officers deserve access to the best technology American innovation can offer, and we are building great products for this mission while holding ourselves to the highest standards of honorable service.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to own build and deployment automation for Vannevar Labs. As a founding member of the team and first full time DevOps engineer, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company today and into the future. We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale — being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
What you'll do
- Provide strong DevOps leadership to the engineering team and management.
- Develop, maintain, and be responsible for the platform health, scaling and planning.
- Developing self-service tools and automating things to improve data engineering efficiency.
- Build logging and monitoring tools to visualize the state of the platform
- Play a critical part in implementing a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline.
- Automate build & deployment processes.
- A successful first year will involve building a CD/CI infrastructure with zero-downtime deployments that is fast, reliable, and flexible to changing requirements and technologies.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps, software engineering
- Experience crafting CI/CD processes and automation.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code technologies such as Terraform.
- Proficient with containerization technologies like Docker.
- Excellent with Python, Bash, or other scripting languages.
- Experience working in an agile scrum and also an ability to work independently.
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Nice to haves
- Experience working with the Elastic stack is a huge plus.
- Experience building CD/CI systems in Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, especially Terraform.
- Experience with modern web services architectures.
- Experience with relational database systems, including SQL and relational design.
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills and must be able to work in multi-functional projects with internal partner engineering teams.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t feel like you're a perfect fit. If you’re passionate about working on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!