Vannevar Labs builds machine learning products for the country's most critical national security problems. We are uniquely qualified to succeed in this $740B market; our founders have 30 years of combined experience across national security, government sales and CIA, In-Q-Tel, DoD/JSOC, Harvard, and Stanford. We believe our military service members and intelligence officers deserve access to the best technology American innovation can offer, and we are building great products for this mission while holding ourselves to the highest standards of honorable service.
You will be a founding member of the engineering team. You will be working on high-impact projects including web data discovery, automated data collection, and security analysis of closed sources. You will be a critical part of a fast-paced team of professional engineers from diverse backgrounds, and have a high impact on the team and company's culture.
What you'll do
- Reverse engineering APIs by analyzing mobile apps (e.g. APKs)
- Develop data collection automation using Java, Python, or similar
- Evaluate and implement operational security for data collection systems
- Implement clients for APIs
- 1-7 years of experience as a software / cybersecurity engineer in industry
- Experience reverse engineering APIs by analyzing mobile apps (e.g. APKs)
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash, Python, or Perl
- Experience implementing cyber security and privacy best practices
- Deep understanding of privacy and security technologies such as VPNs, proxies, SSL, etc.
- Must have demonstrated experience in evaluating information from social media, forums, news feeds, internet relay chats and other sources of data openly available on the internet
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Additional Qualifications (Nice to have)
- Experience with relational database systems, including SQL and relational design
- Android development experience- Familiarity with decompiling APKs with tools like apktool and jadx
- Experience bypassing SSL certificate pinning in mobile apps
- Experience developing with android emulators
- Familiarity with Smali bytecode
- Understanding MITM proxies for interception, modification and analysis of network traffic
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don’t feel like you're a perfect fit. If you’re passionate about working on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!