Credit & Risk Data Analyst
About Varo Money
Varo has developed an innovative mobile banking experience that will allow consumers to easily and intuitively manage one of the most important relationships in their lives, their relationship with their money. Using artificial intelligence, Varo will help users manage their money across all their financial accounts, whether they are at Varo or any other bank.
Mission: Varo Money Inc. is a financial technology company founded on the belief that there is a better way to bank that will help improve the financial outcomes of a generation of consumers often overlooked by traditional banks.
Job Description Summary
Varo Money is looking for a Credit Analyst that is extremely interested in furthering their career in the area of Risk Management. They are expected to have a passion for learning and commitment to servicing a team of experienced professional with knowledge of consumer credit. Varo Money is building products that will fundamentally change the way consumers use mobile banking products and revolutionize the banking system as we know it. Varo Money is looking for candidates who will apply the same level of zeal for innovation and creativity to the development of our lending business. You will collaborate across a number of teams internally -- to include risk management, product, platform engineering,operations, marketing, finance, compliance and legal to ensure Varo Money’s risk platform is best in class.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development of credit policies, performing portfolio analysis, creating and updating monthly performance reports, and designing performance metrics.
- Using a combination of technical reporting tools (such as Oracle, Hadoop, SQL, SAS, R or Python) and advance Excel skills to analyze data to quantify performance, cost and effectiveness for areas such as loan performance and strategic initiatives.
- Apply knowledge gained from analyzing data to help set product performance metrics.
In this role, we require you to have:
- 3+ years of general data analytics experience with consumer credit products.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or other related fields.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to pull and analyze large datasets in solving complex business problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude with the initiative to do what needs to be done to best meet our business objectives.
- Good understanding of credit risk management in the areas of acquisitions, account management and collections.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and table structures.
- Experience working with various statistical techniques.
Preferred skills are:
Join our growing Varo team! Help us build the next-generation mobile consumer banking experience. Give millions of people the tools they need to achieve financial freedom and security.
Learn more about Varo by following us at: