Senior Product Manager, Lending
San Francisco /
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
We're on a mission to bring financial inclusion and opportunity to all hard-working Americans. Through our mobile app, we offer premium bank accounts that have no minimum balance requirement or monthly account fees, high-interest savings accounts, short term lending and solutions to help customers stretch their paycheck, build credit and start saving. Our tech-first products are designed to make money work for everyone and help customers and communities build greater financial resiliency.
Varo is distinct from other fintechs: we've made history as the first and only consumer fintech to be granted a full national bank charter by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Varo Bank represents the evolution of a new generation of banks that are born from innovation and built on technology to empower consumers and businesses.
Our team combines the best of both consumer tech and banking, and we’re wildly passionate about helping our customers. Our teams are based in San Francisco and Salt Lake City. Privately held, we’ve raised over $482M to date, from leading institutional investors and strategic partners including Warburg Pincus, The Rise Fund, Gallatin Point Capital, Harbourvest Partners, Progressive Insurance, and Russell Westbrook Enterprises.
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees and board.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your role will be to build and manage innovative lending solutions that solve our customer’s needs with respect to access to credit, and ultimately help them achieve financial resilience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Discover and prioritize unmet customer needs vis-a-vis lending
- Design and build solutions for the most critical customer lending in collaboration with other groups (design, engineering, marketing, operations, risk etc)
- Own go-to-market to ensure new products and features land seamlessly with customers and colleagues
- Obsess about the customer experience of your products and work across the organization to ensure customer delight
- Instrument, monitor and analyze the performance of your products
- Grow the product through ongoing experimentation, optimization and innovation
- Collaborate cross-functionally so that your product meets its P&L commitments
- Roll up your sleeves to remove barriers and obstacles hindering the team’s ability to ship
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT'LL HELP MAKE YOU GREAT
- Experience defining and developing a new product or service that delighted customers
- Experience delivering solutions to customer problems that have driven tangible impacts to customer’s lives and to company profitability
- Experience working in an Agile environment and effectively inspiring and leading a cross-functional team
- Experience solving complex problems and overcoming difficult odds to succeed
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager
- Intense customer focus
- Execution, as a Team Player
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we're looking for candidates who will be extraordinary at:
OTHER IMPORTANT SKILLS
- Communication, including the ability to inspire others
- Collaboration, including EQ and conflict management
- Analytical mind-set with ability to analyze and synthesize information
- Ruthless seeker of the truth (truth being user research / data driven)
- Persistence, someone who never gives up
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees.
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers First: Understand the problems our customers are trying to solve. Respond with a sense of urgency. Build relationships that result in loyalty. Be data and insights-driven. Test everything. Achieve results through strong execution. Build a product people love. Assess new initiatives with the customers’ interest in mind. Act with empathy.
Take Ownership: Bias towards action. Have high standards. Be accountable for the results of your work, our product, our company. Trust others to own it.
Respect: Treat others how you want to be treated. Listen first before being heard. Speak the truth even when it's not easy. Assume best intentions. Bring your full self to work.
Stay Curious: Ask why. Dare to make things better. Learn something new each day (even from mistakes). Be open to growth. Develop creative solutions.
Make it Better: Think big. Set high goals. Work towards long term value rather than short term wins. Create change. Be resilient.
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.