Head Of Compliance
Varo Money is looking for an exceptional compliance leader with experience in consumer banking, an interest in Fintech and a passion for the customer. You will serve as the Compliance leader responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing a comprehensive compliance program, including governing activities and risks that need to be viewed and managed effectively across the organization. You will oversee compliance programs across Varo and analyze for trends/lessons to be learned to further Varo’s goal of service excellence and customer focus in addition to legal and regulatory compliance. You will also act as liaison with regulators and auditors and oversee corrective action efforts as appropriate. You will compile and prepare company-wide compliance reporting for management and the board. In this role, you must be able to work collaboratively with regulators and across departments including Legal, Internal Audit, Product, Marketing and Engineering.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring Varo is in compliance with laws, regulations, and regulatory expectations.
- Taking a broad business perspective, ensuring meaningful analysis to make sense of complex issues and offering clear recommendations.
- Analyzing the root causes of problems, developing creative and effective solutions while being able to predict the possible implications of a proposed solution.
- Creative solving problems while thinking both conceptually and analytically.
- Effectively influencing and collaborating with others both inside and outside the organization through strong leadership and team skills, irrespective of organizational structure.
- Clear and effectively, written and verbal communications.
- Building, maintaining, and managing high performing teams.
This role requires:
- 10+ years of experience managing compliance, data, analytics, and root cause diagnostics and designing and implementing test processes.
- Strong knowledge of consumer banking regulations including UDAAP, Reg E, Privacy, Fair Lending, third party vendor management, Infosec and Truth in Lending.
- Strong, respected relationships with key regulators.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical/statistical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to break down analysis and create meaningful communications to executive management that resulted in corrective actions.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements.
- An ability to develop thoughtful approaches to regulatory challenges faced by innovative companies.
- BA degree in business or related field
- CRCM or other relevant compliance certification strongly preferred.
- MBA a plus.
- Experience working with Agile teams.
- Regulatory experience.
It would be great if you also had the following, but it is not a deal breaker:
Join our growing Varo team! Help us build the next-generation mobile consumer banking experience. Give millions of people the tools they need to achieve financial freedom and security.
Check us out at: