Senior Software Engineer - Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
Varo Money is seeking to launch a Bank that delivers more affordable traditional financial products, provides leading edge innovation and helps consumers manage their financial lives more effectively and with minimal friction. When organized, the Bank will be a national retail bank. Varo’s business model combines a traditional relationship banking approach with modern technology to create a better banking experience backed by robust controls and sound risk management. The Bank’s primary products will be offered through mobile, online and phone based banking channels and will include traditional banking products such as DDAs, savings accounts, CDs, unsecured installment loans and lines of credit, credit cards, home equity loans and brokered mortgages integrated with financial health tools on the smart phone to help customers solve every day financial problems and achieve better financial outcomes. Varo has raised $78M to date led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
The Engineering Team at Varo is small but is growing rapidly. Over the next year we need to build an entire bank from scratch, so if you are looking for growth. Our goal is to repair the stale banking industry and build products that help improve the financial wellbeing of our customers. You will get to work with new technology stacks, be part of a great and diverse workplace, and improve the financial lives of others. In our Engineering team we value personal growth, initiative and ownership, collaboration, and the importance of thinking like an engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, build and evolve the core backend infrastructure of the Varo platform
- Build highly scalable system software using primarily Java and Kotlin
- Write well-designed, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering and product teams
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and distribute knowledge
- Help lead large projects from idea to positive execution
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES THAT’LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- 5+ years experience in Java software development.
- Deep understanding of microservices and event driven architectures.
- Experience in building public and internal REST APIs.
- Deep understanding of the software security practices.
- Experience with transactional databases and caching systems.
- Experience in unit and integration testing.
- Experience with scalable, distributed systems using event-driven architecture.
Other nice to haves:
- Experience with financial systems (banking, lending, payments).
- You love making complicated things, very simple.
- You can work across teams in our rapidly growing company and drive standardization.
Technologies That we Use
- Java, Kotlin
- Spring, Spring Boot and Hibernate.
- AWS - EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, KMS
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka
- Maven, Jenkins, Git, Jira, Confluence
Join our growing Engineering team! Help us build the next-generation mobile consumer banking experience. Give millions of people the tools they need to achieve financial freedom and security.
Learn more about Varo by following us at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/varomoney/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varomoney