Senior Software Engineer
Salt Lake City
Varo is changing the future of banking with our mobile app: a frictionless bank account that also helps customers do more with their money. Varo is building a mobile bank that helps customers cover their expenses, pay their bills and build their wealth over time — so they can stop worrying about money and go live their lives. Unlike traditional banks or other fintech apps, Varo offers a complete solution with integrated deposit, budgeting, savings and lending products that help customers bank with ease and achieve better financial outcomes. There’s no reason for a bank branch on every corner anymore: all that customers need is a smartphone to bank seamlessly. Based in San Francisco and privately held, Varo has raised $78M to date, led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE ENGINEERING TEAM
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. If you are looking for growth - this position is for you. We are a startup, and we need to build a lot of new systems. This is a unique opportunity to learn amazing technologies, be part of a great team, improve the financial lives of others, and have a lot of fun too! In our Engineering team we value teamwork, technical excellence, and quality!
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WHO WILL
- 5+ years experience in Java software development
- Deep understanding of microservices and event driven architectures
- Strong experience in building public and internal REST APIs
- Hands-on experience with Spring, Spring Boot and ORM (Hibernate)
- Deep understanding of the software security practices
- Experience with transactional databases and caching systems
- Understanding of AWS stack - EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, KMS, Secrets Management
- Knowledge of Maven and good understanding of CI and continuous deployment
- Experience in unit and integration testing
- Comfortable with Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git
- Understanding of Scrum process
- Experience with scalable, distributed systems using event-driven architecture
- Kafka/Kinesis experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field of study)
- Experience with financial systems (banking, lending, payments).
It would be great if you also had the following but it is not a deal breaker:
Join our growing Engineering team! Help us build the next-generation mobile consumer banking experience. Give millions of people the tools they need to achieve financial freedom and security.
Learn more about Varo by following us at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/varomoney/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/10630755