We are currently looking for a highly driven Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing team. This person will play a huge role in developing our accounting processes and policies as we scale. The ideal candidate is someone who is great at thinking strategically and analytically, while bringing a strong point of view to their work.
The Senior Accountant will:
· Manage all accounting activities towards accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials and close process in accordance with US GAAP standards, regulatory guidelines
and company procedures.
· Perform daily accounting operations, including cash management, revenue reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll processing, and monthly
· Develop and implement accounting policies and controls for the Company, particularly revenue recognition policies.
· Lead the implementation of a new ERP/accounting system.
· Coordinate annual financial statement audit.
· Assist external tax firm with state and federal returns and compliance.
· Manage local registration and tax reporting .
· Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statement variance analyses for management and investor reporting.
· Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting.
· Assist in onboarding of new employees.
This role requires:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s a plus.
- Relevant industry experience, specifically consumer banking is required.
- Senior level accountant/controller individual contributor with a minimum of 5 years experience who can both transact and help develop policy/processes.
- CPA, or working towards CPA.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and verbal / written communication skills.
- Strong abilities as a self-starter, team player and able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience in SOX control documentation / execution.
- Experience implementing a new ERP/accounting system.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online, Expensify, and/or Paycor.
It would be great if you also had the following but it is not a deal breaker:
Join our growing Varo team! Help us build the next-generation mobile consumer banking experience. Give millions of people the tools they need to achieve financial freedom and security.
Learn more about Varo by following us at: