VP of Engineering
Varo is looking for a VP of Technology to lead DevOps, Data, QA, and Corporate Systems development. We are a startup, so a perfect candidate will combine leadership and technical hands-on skills. Such candidate could help us to define long-term technology roadmap and on the same day rollup his sleeves and fix a problem in AWS production environment. We are a nimble and quickly growing team that values collaboration, technical excellence, and fun!
Responsibilities, Requirements & Characteristics:
- Leads the team, defines roadmaps and drives high quality execution.
- Key driver of planning, strategy and technological innovation.
- Ability to build and manage a team that is continuously growing.
- Strong team builder with experience recruiting and leading top tech talent – works with the rest of engineering management and HR to recruit and retain a great team and set proper accountability and standards.
- Great communicator, motivator, coach and mentor. Pushes for and inspires excellent work from talented people.
- Expert in data infrastructures – understands how to efficiently handle data at a massive scale in a sustainable, cost effective way.
- Experience with AWS, Big Data, BI, Java, QA, web and mobile apps development.
- Strong engineering manager, but also skillful and not shy of working on technical design and implementation together with the team
- Drives quality and excellence, and is a strong evangelist for our users and brand.
- Wakes up at night asking “how do we make it better, easier, and less expensive?”
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, tenacious, gets things done, knows how to prioritize, move quickly, and overcome obstacles; thrives in innovative, early-stage environments.
- Has worked on multiple types/models of digital SaaS products.
- Knows how to balance gut instincts, data, and team feedback.
- Strong track record of working collaboratively with other leaders.
- Experience in Agile processes.
- Has worked in excellent, high performing companies.
- Love Challenges: When you hear about tough challenges, you get excited and try to figure out ways to overcome them.
- Confident: You are solid in your decision making and not afraid to push back on other leaders and management.
- Results Driven: You have a predisposition towards action and you coach the team to be efficient at getting stuff done.
- Experience in financial industry and familiarity with regulations that influence technology there.
Join our growing Engineering team! Help us build the next-generation mobile consumer banking experience. Give millions of people the tools they need to achieve financial freedom and security.
Check us out at: