Growth Marketing Manager, Mobile User Acquisition
Varo is changing the future of banking with our mobile app: a frictionless bank account that also helps customers do more with their money. Varo is building a mobile bank that helps customers cover their expenses, pay their bills and build their wealth over time — so they can stop worrying about money and go live their lives. Unlike traditional banks or other fintech apps, Varo offers a complete solution with integrated deposit, budgeting, savings and lending products that help customers bank with ease and achieve better financial outcomes. There’s no reason for a bank branch on every corner anymore: all that customers need is a smartphone to bank seamlessly. Based in San Francisco and privately held, Varo has raised $78M to date, led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE GROWTH MARKETING TEAM
Varo’s Growth Marketing team is responsible for customer acquisition and engagement. Our goal is to attract customers who would benefit most from Varo, make sure they have a seamless onboarding experience, and help them get the most out of Varo after they join.
The Growth Marketing team is small, nimble, data-driven, and results-oriented. If you want to have a clear and measurable impact on the business from day one, this is a great opportunity for you to join the team now.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A GROWTH MARKETING MANAGER WHO WILL
- Manage paid search and social channels from strategy to execution
- Develop direct response paid campaigns to acquire high value customers, including concept creation, ad development, implementation, optimization, reporting, and insights
- Use A/B testing to increase CTR and CVR while lowering the customer acquisition cost and ultimately achieving a higher ROI
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Marketing teams, as well as 3rd party partners (MMP, direct publishers, DSP, etc) to improve conversions and funnel performance
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES THAT’LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- A minimum 3- years of paid acquisition experience, including but not limited to Google AdWords (UAC, display, search, YouTube, GSP), Apple Search, Snapchat, etc.
- A track record of hitting user acquisition goals
- Experience with performance marketing across both search and social channels
- A versatile marketing skill set, you can come up with creative concepts, write ad copy, give feedback on design, implement ads, optimize bids, analyze and report on results
- Ability to both think strategically about user acquisition and a desire to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done
- Strong sense of effective audience targeting and segmentation as well as compelling creative and messaging
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven approach to solving complex business problems, experience with SQL a plus
- Collaboration skills and ability to work well cross-functionally
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
- Track record of successfully managing a paid acquisition channel (search or social) in a results-oriented environment
- Good understanding of paid search and social advertising, targeting, bid optimization
- A growth mindset to continuously test and drive improvement
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we’re looking for candidates who have:
Learn more about Varo by following us at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/varomoney/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/10630755