Varo Money is seeking to launch a Bank that delivers more affordable traditional financial products, provides leading edge innovation and helps consumers manage their financial lives more effectively and with minimal friction. When organized, the Bank will be a national retail bank. Varo’s business model combines a traditional relationship banking approach with modern technology to create a better banking experience backed by robust controls and sound risk management. The Bank’s primary products will be offered through mobile, online and phone based banking channels and will include traditional banking products such as DDAs, savings accounts, CDs, unsecured installment loans and lines of credit, credit cards, home equity loans and brokered mortgages integrated with financial health tools on the smart phone to help customers solve every day financial problems and achieve better financial outcomes. Varo has raised $78M to date led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE LEGAL AND FINANCE TEAMS
As a Business Analyst, you will support the Legal team. Legal is run by our General Counsel who works on contracts, licensing and financing and with multiple outside counsels who support us on a variety of assignments. It is a small but mighty team which is continuing to grow. The team has decades of experience, but is always willing to learn new tricks of the trade. You will have the autonomy to suggest and implement new ideas to streamline processes.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A BUSINESS ANALYST WHO WILL
- Manage the State Lending License process and complete the necessary license forms and coordinate the surety bond issuance
- Complete the authority to do business and license renewal process
- Manage the contract database (including contract renewals)
- Manage state lending license audits
- Coordinate commercial and vendor onboarding efforts across internal teams
- Monitor compliance with internal controls
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES THAT’LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Collaborative style with the ability to partner with different Varo business units and other stakeholders and with other third parties.
- The ability to perform well under tight deadlines and thrive in a rapidly evolving and fast paced environment
- Sound and practical business judgement
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- B.S. in Business or other related discipline
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to support multiple demands from various stakeholders
- Experience with state business licenses and lender licenses
- Experience with G- Suite and Microsoft suitePrior Paralegal experience
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we’re looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
Other nice to haves:
Learn more about Varo by following us at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/varomoney/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varomoney