Call Center Operations Manager
Salt Lake City /
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
We're on a mission to bring financial inclusion and opportunity to all hard-working Americans. Through our mobile app, we offer premium bank accounts that have no minimum balance requirement or monthly account fees, high-interest savings accounts, short term lending and solutions to help customers stretch their paycheck, build credit and start saving. Our tech-first products are designed to make money work for everyone and help customers and communities build greater financial resiliency.
Varo is distinct from other fintechs: we've made history as the first and only consumer fintech to be granted a full national bank charter by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Varo Bank represents the evolution of a new generation of banks that are born from innovation and built on technology to empower consumers and businesses.
Our team combines the best of both consumer tech and banking, and we’re wildly passionate about helping our customers. Our teams are based in San Francisco and Salt Lake City. Privately held, we’ve raised over $482M to date, from leading institutional investors and strategic partners including Warburg Pincus, The Rise Fund, Gallatin Point Capital, Harbourvest Partners, Progressive Insurance, and Russell Westbrook Enterprises.
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees and board.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
ABOUT THE SERVICE OPERATIONS TEAM
Varo is here to change the banking industry. We work hard to create the best personal banking experience possible. We’re responsible for building a lasting relationship with our customers; they know we care about helping them grow! We’re accountable for all service channels that we use to communicate, respond, and interact with customers. This includes digital, voice, and social media servicing. We support all of Varo’s banking features such as personal accounts, savings accounts, account aggregation, lending products, and many more to follow.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage staffing, scheduling, coaching, and development for a group of managers who manage (Team Leads) 15 front line agents
- Improve and develop metrics and reporting to ensure Team Leads are trained and performing to expectations
- Create and build a positive collaborative environment
- Develop, improve, and enforce contact center wide policies including attendance, agent scorecard metrics, and top performer recognition
- Work on projects to make the contact center run more efficiently
- Support recruiting and run projects to reduce attrition and increase employee engagement
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth hand off of work
- Provide exceptional customer service for Varo’s customers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THAT'LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- 3+ years leading teams of managers
- A strategic thinker who can also focus on the daily tasks that keep the contact center running smoothly
- You are the glue that supports work between workforce management and team leads
- Fun, easy to talk to and willing to get your hands dirty to help support a contact center that is expanding
- You love to make processes better and conversations with customers easy
- Team player - flexible workflow and schedule to help meet broader team and company goals, including occasional long hours and/or unexpected changes in priorities that are part of working at a rapidly growing company
- Experience in financial services/call centers or other service industry is strongly preferred
- A collaborator and a connector of teams and people
- Ability to adapt quickly to our growing and changing contact center
- You have a natural curiosity for making things better
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we’re looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
- Understanding of traditional banking features such as DDA Accounts, Transaction Processing, Credit & Lending, and Account Aggregation is a plus
- B.A. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline highly desired
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees.
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers First: Understand the problems our customers are trying to solve. Respond with a sense of urgency. Build relationships that result in loyalty. Be data and insights-driven. Test everything. Achieve results through strong execution. Build a product people love. Assess new initiatives with the customers’ interest in mind. Act with empathy.
Take Ownership: Bias towards action. Have high standards. Be accountable for the results of your work, our product, our company. Trust others to own it.
Respect: Treat others how you want to be treated. Listen first before being heard. Speak the truth even when it's not easy. Assume best intentions. Bring your full self to work.
Stay Curious: Ask why. Dare to make things better. Learn something new each day (even from mistakes). Be open to growth. Develop creative solutions.
Make it Better: Think big. Set high goals. Work towards long term value rather than short term wins. Create change. Be resilient.
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.