Senior Software Engineer (Offline)
Varo is changing the future of banking with our mobile app: a frictionless bank account that also helps customers do more with their money. Varo is building a mobile bank that helps customers cover their expenses, pay their bills and build their wealth over time — so they can stop worrying about money and go live their lives. Unlike traditional banks or other fintech apps, Varo offers a complete solution with integrated deposit, budgeting, savings and lending products that help customers bank with ease and achieve better financial outcomes. There’s no reason for a bank branch on every corner anymore: all that customers need is a smartphone to bank seamlessly. Based in San Francisco and privately held, Varo has raised $78M to date, led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. If you are looking for growth - this position is for you. We are a startup, and we need to build a lot of new systems. This is a unique opportunity to learn amazing technologies, be part of a great team, improve the financial lives of others, and have a lot of fun too! In our Engineering team we value teamwork, technical excellence, and quality!
For this role, we are looking for...
- 5+ years experience in Java software development.
- Deep understanding of SOA, ORM, microservices
- Experience in building public and internal REST APIs.
- Strong experience with transactional databases.
- Big data and machine learning is a plus.
- Understanding of rule engines, event processing, real-time data analysis (preferably Drools, Spark).
- Experience with scalable messaging systems (AWS Kinesis or Kafka is preferred).
- Deep understanding of the software security practices.
- Experience with NLP is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Maven and good understanding of CI and continuous deployment.
- Experience in unit-testing.
- Comfortable to use Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git.
- Understanding of Scrum process.
- Experience with financial systems (banking, lending, payments).
It would be great if you also had the following but it is not a deal breaker:
Join our growing Engineering team! Help us build the next-generation mobile consumer banking experience. Give millions of people the tools they need to achieve financial freedom and security.
Learn more about Varo by following us at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/varomoney/
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/10630755