Senior Product Marketing Manager
Salt Lake City /
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
We're on a mission to bring financial inclusion and opportunity to all hard-working Americans. Through our mobile app, we offer premium bank accounts that have no minimum balance requirement or monthly account fees, high-interest savings accounts, short term lending and solutions to help customers stretch their paycheck, build credit and start saving. Our tech-first products are designed to make money work for everyone and help customers and communities build greater financial resiliency.
Varo is distinct from other fintechs: we've made history as the first and only consumer fintech to be granted a full national bank charter by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Varo Bank represents the evolution of a new generation of banks that are born from innovation and built on technology to empower consumers and businesses.
Our team combines the best of both consumer tech and banking, and we’re wildly passionate about helping our customers. Our teams are based in San Francisco and Salt Lake City. Privately held, we’ve raised over $482M to date, from leading institutional investors and strategic partners including Warburg Pincus, The Rise Fund, Gallatin Point Capital, Harbourvest Partners, Progressive Insurance, and Russell Westbrook Enterprises.
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees and board.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Product Marketing, at its heart, is about understanding what we’re building, why we invested in it, and how our product will benefit our customers—and crafting positioning and messaging that convey the value of each product and across the portfolio. You’ll sit at the intersection of building great products and marketing them to our target customers.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER WHO WILL:
- Develop a greater and deeper understanding of Varo’s target customers, including who they are, what they do, what they like, and how they’d prefer to engage with our products, through multiple types of research methods and data.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to determine the contents, prioritization, and sequencing of our product roadmap by ensuring customer demands, needs, hopes, and preferences are fully incorporated and reflected.
- Activate Marketing for all product releases including how to describe the product, where to announce it, define a channel strategy, and what needs to be in place operationally to ensure a perfect rollout. Own our communications calendar to continue to support and grow each product after launch.
- Determine how to scale Varo holistically in-market by managing elements of pricing, sales development, and partnerships.
- In Partnership with Brand and Content, own Varo’s voice, including determining critical product definitions, presentations, facts, and taxonomies for company use.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS THAT'LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- 5-10 years of professional experience, including 3-5 specifically in product marketing.
- Executing growth-focused or performance marketing strategies.
- Optimizing product funnels and customer flows through products.
- Rolling out new products and features successfully to distinct target audiences.
- Managing customer and competitor research through multiple approaches.
- Drafting and managing product roadmaps in collaboration with product managers, designers, data scientists, and marketers.
- Determining business-oriented product elements, like pricing, restrictions, and distribution.
- A deep love (borderline obsession) for customer-based research, data and insights, positioning and messaging, and GTM experience. Including ease in collaborating effectively across teams and a strong sense of ownership.
- An analytical thinker who can turn data into compelling stories that inform strategic and product decisions.
- A proven ability to be both a passionate product advocate and a creative marketer.
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we're looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
OTHER NICE TO HAVES
- Can independently drive growth-oriented experimentation frameworks (e.g., A/B tests on copy, design, and product features).
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action.
- Strong Excel, WordPress, and Figma Skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees.
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers First: Understand the problems our customers are trying to solve. Respond with a sense of urgency. Build relationships that result in loyalty. Be data and insights-driven. Test everything. Achieve results through strong execution. Build a product people love. Assess new initiatives with the customers’ interest in mind. Act with empathy.
Take Ownership: Bias towards action. Have high standards. Be accountable for the results of your work, our product, our company. Trust others to own it.
Respect: Treat others how you want to be treated. Listen first before being heard. Speak the truth even when it's not easy. Assume best intentions. Bring your full self to work.
Stay Curious: Ask why. Dare to make things better. Learn something new each day (even from mistakes). Be open to growth. Develop creative solutions.
Make it Better: Think big. Set high goals. Work towards long term value rather than short term wins. Create change. Be resilient.
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.