Data Analyst, Marketing
Varo is on a mission to redefine banking so it's easy for everyone to make smart choices with their money. Our app offers bank accounts and high-yield savings accounts that don’t cost a thing, tools to help you manage your money and save automatically, and invitation-only personal loans at competitive rates. On the contrary, traditional banks charge fees, offer next-to-nothing savings rates, and don’t work with their customer’s best interests in mind.
Varo is distinct from other fintechs: With preliminary approval for a bank charter from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), we're on our way to becoming the first mobile-centric national bank in the country. Our unique team combines the best people in tech and banking, and we’re wildly passionate about keeping our customers happy by helping them manage and grow their money. Based in San Francisco and privately held, Varo has raised $178M to date, led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE ANALYTICS TEAM
Varo’s Analytics team is responsible for providing quantitative analysis, market expertise and a strategic perspective to our partners throughout the organization. From optimizing marketing channels for acquiring new customers to uncovering drivers to push deeper customer engagement, the team focuses on delivering meaningful insights from data. As a member of the Analytics team you will partner with stakeholders across several teams such as product, marketing, engineering, finance, and operations to understand and analyze data from all parts of Varo’s business to power these decisions.
The Analytics team is lean, high functioning and impact-focused. If you can see different angles for business/product opportunities, synthesize large amounts of data, connect the dots amidst ambiguity, and want to deliver clear and measurable impact from day one, Varo welcomes you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop a deep understanding of the existing business and share insights around the key metrics that drive the company.
- Create & automate reports, iteratively build & prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business priorities.
- Work with Digital Marketing stakeholders to provide analytical support for ongoing needs and large initiatives.
- Conduct data analysis to make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, impact analysis).
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES THAT'LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- 3+ years of work experience in Marketing or Product Analytics, or 2+ years experience with MBA/Master's degree
- 2+ years of statistical experience (creating attribution models, A/B tests or lift analysis).
- 2+ years of experience in SQL.
- Experience articulating business questions, scripting with SQL/Python to pull data from datasets and adapt quantitative techniques to solve complex problems.
- Experience with digital marketing acquisition channels, particularly SEM, SEO and paid social, CRM/email a plus.
- Track record of successfully communicating data driven insights.
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis.
- Distinctive problem solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Ability to get things done and work independently.
- Ability to operate in a high-paced and dynamic environment.
- Analyzing large data sets and coming up with actionable insights
- Manipulating large data sets with SQL
- Working cross-functionally and seamlessly communicating with people from various roles and teams
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we’re looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
OTHER NICE TO HAVES
- Experience with Looker/ Tableau/ or Other BI tools
- Experience supporting Marketing, Product teams
- Experience working with statistical packages (e.g. R, SAS, Stata, MATLAB, etc.) is a plus.
- Desire to learn quickly, drive continuous improvement, and bias toward action.
Learn more about Varo by following us at:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/varomoney/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varomoney