Call Center Team Leader
Salt Lake City /
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
We're on a mission to bring financial inclusion and opportunity to all hard-working Americans. Through our mobile app, we offer premium bank accounts that have no minimum balance requirement or monthly account fees, high-interest savings accounts, short term lending and solutions to help customers stretch their paycheck, build credit and start saving. Our tech-first products are designed to make money work for everyone and help customers and communities build greater financial resiliency.
Varo is distinct from other fintechs: we've made history as the first and only consumer fintech to be granted a full national bank charter by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Varo Bank represents the evolution of a new generation of banks that are born from innovation and built on technology to empower consumers and businesses.
Our team combines the best of both consumer tech and banking, and we’re wildly passionate about helping our customers. Our teams are based in San Francisco and Salt Lake City. Privately held, we’ve raised over $482M to date, from leading institutional investors and strategic partners including Warburg Pincus, The Rise Fund, Gallatin Point Capital, Harbourvest Partners, Progressive Insurance, and Russell Westbrook Enterprises.
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees and board.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS TEAM
Varo is here to change the banking industry. We work hard to create the best personal banking experience possible. We’re responsible for building a lasting relationship with our customers; they know we care about helping them grow! We’re accountable for all service channels that we use to communicate, respond, and interact with customers. This includes digital, voice, and social media servicing. We support all of Varo’s banking features such as personal accounts, savings accounts, account aggregation, lending products, and many more to follow.
WORK WE'VE DONE AND WHERE WE'RE GOING
We’re designing a best in class servicing strategy that fits the lifestyle of our target customers. Come and help us bring that strategy to life! We’re currently a small group; you’ll have the opportunity to learn, design, and build something amazing. We need people who are excited to solve problems and build the bank of the future!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage staffing, scheduling, coaching, and development for a team of 10-15 analysts
- Create and build a positive collaborative environment
- Implement metrics and reporting to ensure agents are trained and performing to expectations
- Assist agents in developing a career path
- Provide exceptional customer service for Varo’s customers across our different financial products, primarily providing customer support via phone and email, but will require secondary support via chat, and social media
- Analyze complex customer problems and generate solutions
- Ensure agents are trained and performing to expectations
- Plan and manage and execute small / medium projects from inception to implementation
EXPERIENCE THAT WILL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- Willingness and flexibility to work during our posted business hours: Weekdays 6:00am-7:00pm and Weekends 9:00am-5:30pm.
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in decision making and independent problem-solving
- Proven record of boosting team performance and employee retention rates
- Experience in financial services/call centers or other service industry is strongly preferred
- Experience leading a high performing team is strongly preferred
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Understanding of traditional banking features such as DDA Accounts, Transaction Processing, Credit & Lending, and Account Aggregation is a plus
- Must possess high motivation, enthusiasm and dedication to deliver results within strict timeframes
- Experience in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of operational processes
- B.A. Degree or qualification in a relevant business discipline highly desired
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees.
OUR CORE VALUES
Customers First: Understand the problems our customers are trying to solve. Respond with a sense of urgency. Build relationships that result in loyalty. Be data and insights-driven. Test everything. Achieve results through strong execution. Build a product people love. Assess new initiatives with the customers’ interest in mind. Act with empathy.
Take Ownership: Bias towards action. Have high standards. Be accountable for the results of your work, our product, our company. Trust others to own it.
Respect: Treat others how you want to be treated. Listen first before being heard. Speak the truth even when it's not easy. Assume best intentions. Bring your full self to work.
Stay Curious: Ask why. Dare to make things better. Learn something new each day (even from mistakes). Be open to growth. Develop creative solutions.
Make it Better: Think big. Set high goals. Work towards long term value rather than short term wins. Create change. Be resilient.
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail email@example.com with the pertinent information and contact information.