SciTech – Engineering /
Veda helps patients get the care they need by untangling complex data management problems using advanced scientific approaches and in-depth collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. We ensure that employees can take time off to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Veda is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Collaboration Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Openness Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Integrity Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Grit Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Ready to build the future with us?
About the Position:
This Software Engineer will report to the Technical Engineering Manager for the Quantym team. You will be a key contributor to our data pipeline and application architecture, ensuring code is merged, released, deployed correctly. You will work within a cross-disciplinary team of data engineers, front end designers, and cloud architects throughout all stages of development - from brainstorming to coding to bug hunting.
As a Software Engineer, you will write high quality code for development projects designed to the standards and priorities outlined by your Manager. Most importantly, you'll be a valued contributor to a team that values quick iteration, embraces new tech, and relies on data-driven decision making.
- You're excited about building scalable applications and data pipelines that utilize cloud services.
- You are a self starter that places high value building meaningful technical solutions, aligning yourself with the common goals of the business and the team
- You are energized by the pace of a high growth startup and solving complex problems in an agile environment
- You are deliberate in developing your skills as a communicator and collaborator – you can talk about your code and explain your approach to less technical teammates verbally and with a focus on good technical writing
- Minimum 2 year of experience writing Python code
- Minimum 2 year of experience writing SQL code
- 1-3 years experience designing, building, and maintaining data pipelines
- 1-3 years experience working in an event-driven and/or microservice ecosystems
- 1-3 years working on large scale, complex data sets
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipelines and best practices
- Experience designing applications that make use of AWS services including Lambda, S3, Glue, RDS, DynamoDB, and ECS
- Experience in the data science toolkit, particularly Pandas, NumPy, and data visualization tools like Matplotlib.
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense
- Experience productively working in fully-remote environments across time-zones.
Our COVID Commitment: Veda is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. Veda has always embraced the benefit of each employee working remotely, collaboratively.
All employees are required to be located within the USA.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the Veda team today!