Senior Software Engineer
United States /
Product Engineering /
VEDA helps patients get the care they need by untangling technical healthcare complexities with fresh scientific approaches and generous collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Ready to build the future with us? VEDA is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Benefits offered by VEDA:
VEDA is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners and caregivers. VEDA’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. We ensure that employees can take time off to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
About the position
- Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be a key participant in designing our application architecture, keeping security, cost, & performance in mind.
- You will work side by side with all our engineering teams to build scalable, performant, and clean solutions.
- You will help move our software development practices forward and help lead others on design and best practices.
- You’ll mentor other engineers, conduct code reviews, and help write technical requirements across product-driven scrum teams.
- Most importantly, you’ll be a pivotal part of a team that values quick iteration, embraces new tech, and loves to experiment.
- You’ve been shipping production Python code for the last 7+ years. You are a Python expert.
- You have vast experience building applications that utilize AWS services – bonus points if you’ve designed and deployed applications following the AWS serverless framework
- You have maintained, or been a regular contributor to open source projects for the last 2+ years.
- You’re an expert communicator and collaborator – you can talk about your code and explain your approach to less technical teammates verbally and with a focus on good technical writing.
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world.
- You have a background in product development, delivering solutions to business problems in a fast-paced team.
- You have a working knowledge of all aspects of product design, including data modeling, service performance and security.
Skills You Might Have
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense.
- Understanding of different Authentication standards and strategies (OAuth, Basic, API Key-Based, etc.)
- Understanding of OWASP web security standards and secure coding techniques
- Understanding of networking and network design principles
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms
- Experience working across multiple Agile teams
- Team lead or management experience
Our COVID Commitment: VEDA is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. That means allowing our employees to choose to work remotely until there is a widely available vaccine.
All employees are required to be located within the USA.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the VEDA team today!