Software Engineer - Delivery
United States /
VEDA helps patients get the care they need by untangling technical healthcare complexities with fresh scientific approaches and generous collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Ready to build the future with us? VEDA is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Benefits offered by VEDA:
VEDA is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners and caregivers. VEDA’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. We ensure that employees can take time off to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
About the Position
- We make transformative ROI possible for our clients and partners by meeting them right where they are and automating their existing business rules – that’s where you come in.
- You will configure the core product for new deployments, and also design new modules to connect into the core product in order to automate our clients' more unique business rules and support their regulatory requirements.
- You’ll work closely with VEDA’s Customer Success Team to triage, investigate, and close support tickets, while also working closely with VEDA core Product Engineering Team to design new modules or protocols.
- You will help guide the requirements of VEDA’s internal protocols to connect to core automation pipelines striving to help bring automation to 100% for VEDA’s clients and partners
- You will be responsible for ensuring the security, reliability, and performance of all our products, keeping cost in mind.
- You will look for opportunities to modernize our practices and offerings and help lead the team to realize those practices
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on software development projects in Python is required. You have direct experience in design, build, deployment, version control, configuration and testing of applications using modern best practices.
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment that helps bring VEDA’s clients and partners into their automated future from project discovery, implementation, testing, and finally go live.
- You can produce creative algorithmic solutions when designing new modules to automate client business rules leveraging VEDA's Data Science tooling.
- You’re opinionated about tooling and curious about new trends and technologies in the software development world.
- You like to work collaboratively with developers, data scientists and UX teams to improve the quality and resiliency of the products you’re using and supporting.
- You are aware of serverless solutions leveraging virtualization and/or containerization strategies and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda, etc.) with a passion to learn more about them.
- You have a background in support, delivery or implementation, providing solutions to business problems in a fast-paced team.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on good technical writing.
Skills You Might Have
- Experience working with AWS cloud architecture, including products such RDS, S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway and CodeDeploy.
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense.
- A working knowledge of various different development languages.
- Experience working in an Agile team
Our COVID Commitment: VEDA is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. That means allowing our employees to choose to work remotely until there is a widely available vaccine.
All employees are required to be located within the USA.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the VEDA team today!