R&D Global Program Manager
North Carolina - Raleigh
Professional Services – Services : R&D Svcs GPM /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is seeking an experienced Global Program Manager (GPM) to lead Vault implementation programs with its largest customers. This is a customer-facing role that requires prior experience in leading consulting engagements, ideally either at a consulting firm or software vendor.
As a leader within Veeva’s Professional Services organization, you will closely collaborate with Veeva's account leadership teams to ensure the successful delivery of Vault R&D and Quality programs, improve existing Veeva applications, and ensure overall Customer Success for these programs. The role requires a balance between the delivery of Professional Services implementation projects and ensuring strategic objectives are well-defined and achieved to promote the overall success of both customers and internal teams, both during implementation and beyond.
What You'll Do
- Service Delivery accountability for one or more global Vault implementations in Clinical, Quality, Regulatory (RIM), or Safety (PV) at our strategic accounts
- Work with IT and business executives to define deployment, governance, and transformation roadmap
- Establish post-deployment application management
- Support implementation proposals and services contract negotiation
- Coordinate Customer Success Manager activities to drive product value and adoption
- Coordinate Product Management and Product Support activities
- 7+ years in large-scale program management within the Pharmaceutical R&D space with a priority on Clinical, Regulatory (RIM), and Pharmacovigilance (PV)
- Consulting experience across multiple functional areas for Top 20 pharma clients
- In-depth Pharmaceutical R&D knowledge in at least 1 of the following functional areas – Clinical, Regulatory, or Pharmacovigilance
- Track record of success leading diverse global teams to deliver large, complex GxP technology implementations to deliver measurable business results
- Experience in technology strategy and roadmap development for large pharma customers
- Proven executive communication skills
- Ability to critically and objectively interpret and evaluate information to effectively influence at the executive level
- Skills in problem resolution, negotiation, dealing with ambiguity, the establishment of effective processes, and influencing without authority
- Works well with third parties: can organize and galvanize a disparate group of people, keeping cadence in the program high
- Based in Eastern Time Zone
- Travel up to 40% of the time
Nice to Have
- Veeva Vault implementation experience
- Software as a Service implementation experience in GxP space
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $100,000 - $200,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.