Python Data Engineer (Remote)
United Kingdom - Oxford
Engineering – 715-R&D Link SW Dev /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Link seeks a mid to senior Python Data Engineer that will participate in all aspects of architecting and developing new and innovative data pipelines and data handling. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and new product development in an established company that is rapidly growing. This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking to expand their well-established career, who is excited about search, solving complex problems, ownership, and who enjoys working with technologies like Python, ElasticSearch, and AWS.
What You'll Do
- Participate in architecting and extending our data pipelines to accommodate the rising data amounts
- Collect data e.g., publications from doctors, meant for our production systems from several internal sources into a stable data set
- Make the data consumable for other teams using the right databases (e.g., ElasticSearch or Postgres) and APIs
- 5+ years of working as a software or data engineer
- Very good Python knowledge with one widely used framework like Django, FastAPI, or Flask
- Very good knowledge of one widely used RDS like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, or Oracle
- Good ElasticSearch and Git knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
Nice to Have
- Knowledge in data streaming, AWS, REST APIs and GraphQL
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.