Senior Data Analyst (Health Data Terminology) - Veeva Data Cloud
Massachusetts - Boston /
Crossix – 460-R&D - Crossix New Products /
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
You are passionate about healthcare data and terminologies, have a master’s degree or equivalent work experience in healthcare informatics, public health, and/or hands-on experience with organizing, curating, and managing health data ontologies and mappings. Ideally, you also have experience working with medication data, ontology management systems, and working in a corporate setting.
You are incredibly detail oriented, sometimes called a perfectionist even, and care deeply about the quality of your work. You like to investigate, dig in, and find solutions to problems.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about health care data and excited to bring that knowledge to a scalable set of data products.
As a Healthcare Data Terminologist, you will work to define, create, and manage the terminology infrastructure vital for Crossix and Veeva products.
What You'll Do
- Being subject matter expert in areas of standard clinical terminologies (ex. ICD, CPT, HCPCS, RXNORM, NDC, etc.)
- Leading updates to standard reference ontologies, mapping between and across standard and proprietary terminologies, and dissemination of terminology and mappings within the organization
- Selecting, owning, and operating an ontology/terminology management system
- Staying up to date current and emerging terminology
- Collaborating closely with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to understand, support Crossix and Veeva product terminology needs
What You've Done
- 3+ years of experience working with healthcare terminologies
- Knowledge of Industry Standard code sets including at a minimum: ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC, RXNORM, and LOINC
- Experience with terminology management systems such as Wolters Kluwer HLI, Clinical Architecture’s Symedical, Apelon’s DTS, or similar
- Experience with terminology browsers and authoring tools
- Experience in (proprietary) concept creation based on accepted healthcare informatics and ontology practices
- Proficient in SQL and Excel
- Understand how relational databases work, and experience designing transformations, mappings and working with reference tables
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
- Detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and self-discipline
- Masters degree in a health informatics, health information management, or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have
- PharmD (or other clinical background) and experience in managing medication terminologies (ex. Creating groupings, mapping across code sets, etc)
- Hands-on experience working with raw healthcare data (ex. Medical or pharmaceutical claims data, EMR data)
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Experience working with an agile team
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.