DevOps Engineer - Toronto Hub
Canada - Toronto /
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Toronto office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for multiple DevOps Engineers to build a robust, scalable, and operational infrastructure that will enable Veeva to quickly and efficiently scale to meet the needs of our multi-billion dollar customer base. Your focus will be ensuring Veeva’s products are delivered to our customers quickly and with the best quality possible. If you are a self-starter that thrives working in new technologies to drive innovation, you should join our team.
What You'll Do
- You get to play with the latest technologies in the AWS Cloud and keep your skills current while you innovate
- The opportunity to design and implement processes, procedures, and tools with our team
- Work in a small team environment within a highly successful company that is growing fast
- Work directly with stakeholders to participate in all aspects of the SDLC
- Take ownership of infrastructure and operations such as scheduling or running jobs
- Wear many hats and fill in for other roles as necessary similar to being in a start-up
- First-line to investigate issues and troubleshoot
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles (Agile)
- Expert in scripting (batch, Python, Bash, or similar languages)
- Proficient in developing/programming (Java or Python similar languages)
- Proficient with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation or similar tools)
- Proficient with software configuration management tools (GIT or similar tools)
- Proficient with creating CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or similar tools)
- Experience using/creating build tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle, setup.py, or similar tools)
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
- Experience with building/deploying/managing AWS on an enterprise-level
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Aurora, RDS, Redshift)
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.