Senior Product Manager - Compass Platform
New York - New York City /
Product Management & Alliances – 777-R&D - Crossix VDC /
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
As the Senior Product Manager on the Compass Platform, you will own the end-to-end data pipeline for ingest through delivering our health and reference data. You’ll work closely with our Development & QA teams to design features for product and scalable data ingest, match/merge/dedupe, cleansing, and delivery for our Compass Platform suite of products.
You are excited about big data and building pipelines that deliver quality data. You are comfortable working with a cross-functional team, ranging from the Development team (front-end, back-end, big data, DevOps) to peers on the Product Management team in the platform and Data Science & Analytics roles, as well as with the inbound Data Management team.
As the Senior Product Manager on the Compass Platform, you’ll be deep into the data - including designing features for supporting data extraction, reference mapping, quality checks, and data enrichments. You’ll work closely with the Health Data Analytics team to develop features needed to enable automation of ingesting of new data sources and quality checks and monitoring to flag any potential issues.
You will help shape the future of the product and own the roadmap of the data pipeline and core architecture. This will include designing features, writing detailed product specifications, and working with the Development team to bring designs to fruition.
What You'll Do
- Own and design data-focused product components and features from start to finish, including specifications, user stories, quality control checks, and data dictionaries
- Own the roadmap & features for major components: data ingest, match/merge/dedupe logic, scalable data cleansing, and data quality & delivery monitoring system to flag potential issues early
- Manage the prioritization and focus on data pipeline enhancements
- Author high-quality design specifications within an agile methodology
- Support release and sprint planning to ensure product enhancements support customers at the right time and in the right sequence
- Collaborate closely with Data Scientists, Analysts, Engineering, QA, and Product Management to ensure products are built and delivered with quality
- 6+ years of hands-on Product Management experience focused on data pipelines and platforms
- Experience working on data pipelines, such as designing ETL/ELT processes, schemas, QC checks, and data monitoring
- Experience designing transformations, mappings, and working with reference tables
- Comfortable with SQL
- Experience investigating data issues and working with Analysts and Data Scientists as needed for complex analysis
- Energized by working through complex problems and a focus on bringing innovation, scalability, and productization to data
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related technical field
Nice to Have
- Experience with healthcare data, such as prescription claims, medical claims, or lab data
- Experience working on data mesh systems & AWS platform
- Experience in enterprise products
- Former Software or Data Engineer transitioned to Product Management
Base pay: $120,000.00 - $200,000.00
The salary range listed represents the potential base salary range for this position. The actual salary will vary for each candidate based on experience, market, and expected contributions.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.