Senior Automation Engineer
Missouri - Kansas City /
QA & Release Engineering – 781-R&D MyVeeva CT QA /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for a Senior Automation Engineer who is passionate about quality and automation to join our rapidly growing team. You will be implementing, maintaining automation solutions, and improving test frameworks. In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting test automation results. You should want to be part of a dynamic team that takes pride in building great software and making customers happy. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
What You'll Do
- Learn and understand features of the MyVeeva platform and applications
- Collaborate with Developers, Product Owners, Dev Ops, and other QA resources to ensure the highest quality of the product by implementing automation-focused solutions
- Perform automation feasibility analysis of assigned test cases
- Develop and maintain automation test scripts (API & UI) for functional regression coverage
- Work on CI/CD tools (Git, Jenkins, Kibana, JIRA) daily
- Identify areas of improvement for automation strategies and framework
- Participate actively in functional, system, integration, and regression testing activities
- Provide technical mentorship to junior team members including code reviews
- 6+ years of experience in software test automation
- Strong experience in Java, Object-Oriented Methodologies
- Extensive experience with automated API & UI test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, TestNG)
- Good working knowledge with CI/CD and continuous testing approach using tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Gradle
- Experience testing software applications built on a common platform
- Good understanding of modern best practices for software development like design patterns, code reusability, extensibility, and maintainability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience working in Unix/Linux and AWS environments
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of Pharma Life Sciences and Health Care Industry
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Work Anywhere
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.