Associate Data Analyst
Pennsylvania - Fort Washington
OpenData – 206-Support OpenData
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva OpenData is looking to hire an enthusiastic Associate Data Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will work directly with the Data Operations team and perform health system data extractions from major websites and public datasets.
The Associate Data Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of the data analytics process and will be tasked with helping the Data Operations team innovate with a scalable framework for data collection, extraction, reporting, and analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in the building of web scraping systems to crawl, extract, and ingest data using common web scraping tools
- Catalog and manage datasets using SQL
- Perform ad-hoc analysis based on the needs of the business in order to provide answers to questions
- Understand how to translate high-level design Proof of Concept ideas into actionable tasks and specifications designed to accomplish the goal
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the broader team using the Agile Kanban Methodology
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, an ability to think creatively
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting and work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree, preference for Computer Science, Statistics, or Business Analytics (3.5+ GPA preferred) or related equivalent work experience in the life sciences industry
- Must be local to Fort Washington, PA
- Communicate effectively, practice strong organizational skills, and maintain a persistent sense of urgency
Nice to Have
- Experience using web scraping tools such as Mozenda
- Data analysis capabilities using SQL and other in-house tools. Experience with PostgresSQL, MySQL preferred
- Knowledge of programming languages and libraries such as SQL, Python, java, and html, etc.
Perks & Benefits
- Onsite cafeteria and free gym
- Free breakfast once a week, free lunch once a month, free coffee and fruit daily
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Allocations for donations to employee-chosen charities
- Health, optical, prescription, dental, and life insurance plan options
- Stock plan
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.