Consultant - CDB Programming (Remote)
North Carolina - Raleigh
Professional Services – Services : CDB Svcs /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for a Clinical Data Programmer to support internal and customer teams in the configuration of Veeva CDB. This is a hands-on programming role that also plays a critical part in providing consultation and guidance to customers on the best practices for implementing Veeva CDB. You will work closely with the customer data management team and the Veeva CDB Project Manager to ensure the successful implementation and adoption of Veeva CDB while also contributing to the evolution and improvement of Veeva CDB.
Veeva Clinical Database (CDB) is a next-generation clinical data platform that centralizes and automates data imports, cleaning, and management for clinical trials. To handle the massive expansion of trial data sources, Veeva CDB is designed to scale and accommodate all relevant data for a trial. Be a part of this innovative advancement to speed up the process of getting new treatments to market.
This is a remote, full-time, permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role, and we have no work location requirement provided that you are U.S.-based and live in close proximity to an airport for any travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT).
What You'll Do
- Develop custom listings based on customer data cleaning requirements using SQL-based language
- Configure and support data ingestions (imports) into Veeva CDB
- Collaborate with clinical data providers (Central Laboratories, ECG, eCOA, IRT, etc.) to receive data and test the transfer based on requirements
- Provide mentoring to customer programming/ configuration teams
- Discuss Veeva CDB best practices with customers' teams, leveraging industry knowledge regarding Clinical Data Programming
- 4+ years of in-depth understanding of data collection, data flow management, data quality, data extraction, and data standards
- Excellent programming skills in SQL is required
- Experience with multiple programming languages (SAS programming language, R, JSON, or other languages/tools) desired, including the creation of EDC database development
- Working knowledge of clinical trial processes across pharmaceuticals, devices, and/or biotech sectors, specifically as they relate to document and data collection
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction
- Proven ability to work independently in a dynamic environment and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of CDISC Standards CDASH & SDTM, ADaM knowledge, SaaS/Cloud experience
- Life Science, computer science, change management, or related degree
- Experience with Veeva applications
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $65,000 - $170,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.