DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub
California - Pleasanton /
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
We are looking for multiple DevOps Engineers to build a robust, scalable, and operational infrastructure that will enable Veeva to quickly and efficiently scale to meet the needs of our multi-billion dollar customer base. Your focus will be ensuring Veeva’s products are delivered to our customers quickly and with the best quality possible. If you are a self-starter that thrives working in new technologies to drive innovation, you should join our team.
What You'll Do
- Build a robust, scalable infrastructure to meet our customers’ needs
- Provide infrastructure needed to maintain multiple Dev/test environments, ensuring each environment is consistently set up, configured, and available for each release as scheduled
- Trace complex build problems, release issues, and environmental issues
- Work efficiently and effectively with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Think strategically, investigate, and act tactically. You have solid judgment and know when to escalate
- Expert in scripting (Batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
- Proven experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar)
- Proficient with software configuration management tools (GIT or similar)
- Ability to create CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins or similar)
- Experience using/creating build tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle or similar)
- Skilled in developing/programming Java
- Solid understanding and practical experience with software development life cycles (Agile) with emphasis on release engineering functions
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preferred experience with AWS
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva builds enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.