Senior Director - Manufacturing & Quality Strategy
New Jersey - Lyndhurst
Strategy – 610-Stgy R&D /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Join Veeva as we modernize Quality & Manufacturing for Life Sciences on the cloud. As the Senior Director of Vault Manufacturing & Quality Strategy, you will be responsible for growing Veeva’s market within the Enterprise biopharmaceuticals segment. This role is seeking a senior leader with a deep understanding of the global life sciences quality and manufacturing space and the associated digital technologies.
In this role, you will provide industry thought leadership to help craft customer solutions, facilitate relationships with key stakeholders, and support customer success. Your mission is to drive customer adoption and success as you continue to evangelize the growth and adoption of Veeva Vault as a leader in the quality and manufacturing space.
While opportunities are available across the United States for this role, proximity to the East Coast is preferred. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in close proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements. Qualified U.S.-based candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for growing and sustaining the market for the Vault Quality applications
- Provide thought leadership and direction to field-facing teams, including creating and maintaining relationships with senior Quality and IT executive leaders across the Top 50 Pharma
- Provide business and technology guidance to the product team in support of new or enhanced features and functionality in current and new applications
- Develop strategy and messaging for customer adoption of Vault Quality solutions for new and existing customers
- Coordinate resources across the customer lifecycle from sales to delivery and beyond
- Serve as an evangelist in the manufacturing & quality space by presenting at industry conferences, leading webinars, and authoring content for industry publications
- Engage with communities of practice, and manage relationships with partners/Sis
- Direct experience with quality management across GxPs
- 12+ years of life sciences consulting and cloud software experience working with large Biopharma customers
- 8+ years of experience working directly with digital technologies in manufacturing & quality with depth in understanding of Quality Content, Quality Management Systems, QC Operations, Batch Release, Validation Lifecycle Management, and GxP Training spaces
- Proven ability to innovate across business processes and technology solutions
- Ability to hold meaningful conversations with heads of QA, QC, Manufacturing, and relevant IT leaders regarding the adoption of Veeva’s Vault Quality applications within multiple functional areas across R&D and Manufacturing
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and presentations up to 40%
Nice to Have
- Proven leadership of global Sales teams to drive opportunities with intensity
- Seasoned at developing and maintaining relationships with executive-level stakeholders
- Experience in growing and scaling a technology offering and/or a consulting service including innovating across business processes and technology solutions
- Published thought leadership in the Quality and Manufacturing space
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $125,000 - $300,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.