Senior Consultant - Medical Affairs Business Consulting (Remote)
Italy - Milan /
Business Consulting – Services : Business Consulting Svcs /
Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are seeking talented individuals to join the Veeva Business Consulting group in Medical, a priority area for Veeva. We work with senior customer stakeholders, as the digital partner of choice for 85% of the top 20 Pharmaceutical companies, to define and realise the strategic value of Medical Affairs.
As a Senior Consultant, you will manage complex and novel consulting projects for Veeva customers in Medical – managing teams and planning, organizing, and tracking all aspects of delivery. You will analyse interesting problems, build insightful solutions, and develop close working relationships with stakeholders to deliver realisable value, at the forefront of digital and medical innovation.
Opportunities are available across Europe for this role as this is a remote position. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the EU (for EU locations) and the UK (for UK based candidates).
What You'll Do
- Lead Medical facing projects as the operational face of a Veeva Business Consulting team, with responsibility for planning, organising, and managing all aspects of delivery including scope, quality, resources, risk, and timelines
- Be responsible for the end-to-end design, build, and delivery of deliverables that meet overall project goals and objectives
- Identify and proactively solve problems faced by the client
- Be a trusted client contact for operational and strategic questions, developing the relationship through face-to-face discussions, workshops, telephone, and email contact
- Manage the work and priorities of team members in your project (s)
- Support and mentor Consultants and Associates in developing skills and professional capabilities
- Bring to clients an excellent level of Industry, market, and functional insight including medical specific issues
- Proactively lead business development opportunities and proposals in Medical Affairs
- Develop and disseminate thought leadership and campaigns that differentiate Veeva Business Consulting in the market for Medical Affairs
- Bachelor's degree and excellent academic record
- 8+ years consulting experience in an established strategic/management consulting organisation
- Experience in Life Sciences
- Good understanding and deep interest in Medical, having delivered consulting engagements in one or more of the following areas: Medical operating model design, Medical Field Force Transformation, Medical Engagement model design and execution, Medical Communications & Publication strategy, Medical Information & Content strategy, Key Account Management, Market Access, new product planning, Launch readiness, Medical Insights & Data Optimisation, Health outcomes.
- Good understanding of medical/commercial/marketing technology and ideally Veeva’s platforms and solutions and how business consulting offerings can both leverage and support these
- Good understanding of the business capabilities and drivers underpinning digital technology in Health and life sciences
- Proven analytical skills, able to quantitatively and qualitatively assess problems and communicate responses across a range of issues
- A problem-solving mindset: anticipating issues early, analysing and proactively finding solutions
- Demonstrated leadership of others in the delivery of complex deliverables
- Highly effective project management skills
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and quickly establish credibility
- Have strong personal impact and ability to influence and persuade a range of stakeholders
- An effective communicator verbally and written, in English, and in the local office language
Nice to Have
- Graduate-level qualification, Ph.D., and/or MBA
- Network in Top 20 Life Science companies or leading biotech/ SMBs
- Experience with digital technologies – channels, analytics tools, emerging technology
- Experience working with SaaS solutions
- Fluency in additional European languages
Perks & Benefits
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Opportunity for rapid growth and progression
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.