California - Pleasanton /
CRM – 748-R&D Nitro Dev /
Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for Data Engineers to build new cloud-based Analytic solutions for the Life Sciences industry. We’re developing new solutions based upon our own analytic platform, modeling data application content, building scalable data pipelines, and integrating reporting interfaces. If you are strong with relational SQL + Scripting, enjoy data modeling, researching new techniques to manipulate tons of data, and optimizing analytic processes, you’d love this role – and we’d love to talk with you.
For this position, we need data engineers who can demonstrate expertise in each of the following areas – strong SQL awareness and problem-solving, Python/Shell scripting, data modeling, etc.
It’s a great opportunity to join our innovative team of Data Warehousing, Redshift, Product Development, Data Science, Life Science experts to deliver pre-packaged analytics solutions with our Life Sciences applications. If you play well on smart teams, enjoy developing innovative solutions, and are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast-growing company, you should apply.
What You’ll Do
- Design/Develop new data applications, data models, loading techniques, collection models, scripts.
- Develop reports and dashboards using Tableau/similar tools
- Data modeling of normalized operational data stores
- Work closely with Product Manager, Industry Subject Matter Experts to design data applications, models, and transformations
- Work in a fast pace, test-driven environment
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- 2+ years of experience in SQL Oriented Data Engineer role, demonstrating strong SQL expertise
- Experience Data Modelling Entity Relationship Diagrams, LDMs, PDMs, Normalized vs Denormalized Data Model design, Star Schemas
- Experience script data transformation via Python/Bash scripts
- Comfort designing reports and dashboards with Tableau/similar tools
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with MPP databases (Redshift, Teradata, Greenplum, Vertica), optimization, and data modeling techniques
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.