Product Support Engineer
Ohio - Columbus /
Product Support – Services : OLS Svcs /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are currently seeking a talented Product Support Engineer in Columbus, Ohio, to join our busy Product Support Team. You will be part of a young and exciting company that is recognized as a market leader in the SaaS space with our Industry Cloud for Life Sciences.
As a member of the Product Support team you will be charged with supporting our customers, as well as internal stakeholders, such as our Consulting and Sales Engineering teams. You will work closely with Development and QA teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues. The successful candidate will need to learn and adapt quickly, be persistent and demonstrate “out of the box” thinking.
This is a full-time Monday-Friday job with rotational on call responsibilities for evening coverage. (Note: for this role, we are unable to sponsor F1 or H1-B visas at this time).
What You'll Do
- Provide global support covering all issues related to Veeva Vault and integrations with Veeva CRM and Salesforce.com
- Learn everything about our software and use that knowledge to ensure client success
- Support the client administrators across multiple organizations
- Troubleshoot critical production issues affecting end-users, including system unavailability and data integrity issues
- Handle inquiries regarding all technical issues, information requests on application capabilities, navigation, installation or configuration
- Provide coordinated support for getting new releases and configuration changes into production
- Gather information for analysis, carry out the necessary research, setup test environments, replicate issues locally and propose resolutions or workarounds
- Be a client facing representative of the Development and Product teams
- Document new processes and keep existing documentation and tools up to date as the environment changes
- Interface with engineering, product management and professional services when necessary
- Attend daily meetings and provide status updates
- A self-motivated, self-described techy, eager to learn new software. We look at any and all prior experience, even unofficial. Have you designed a personal website? Built a mobile App for a friend’s company? Tell us about it!
- Computer or Software administration / development
- Knowledge of SQL database / ability to write queries
- Understanding of HTML, XML, JSON
- Experience building / working with Mobile Apps, iOS or Windows
- Ability to diagnose and use industry standard tools and techniques to assure the application performs to client expectations
- Experience working with CRM Software
- The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers, from technical personnel to C-level executives, in urgent or critical situations
- Experience in cloud / hosted software environment
- Experience in a Software Support role
- Experience working in small team/start up environment
- Experience working with development or in a DevOps role
- The desire to learn new soft and technical skills and to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization
- Exposure to Object oriented programming, basic web programming concepts
- Knowledge of Java to be able to review and troubleshoot code
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.