Director - Employee Success (HR) Business Partner
Massachusetts - Boston /
Employee Success – 806-G&A ES Corp /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for an innovative Director, Employee Success (HR) Business Partner to help scale our team and meet our growth goals - 10K people by 2025! As a player-coach, you will be responsible for leading our HR business partners, working with senior executives across North America, and executing talent management projects and programs. We’re looking for a non-conventional leader and someone who is able to align people-related decisions with our core values. This role reports to our Global Chief People Officer.
The role can be located in any of our east coast hub locations (Boston, New York, Columbus, Radnor) with the flexibility to Work Anywhere either from an office or from home.
What You'll Do
- Drive the implementation of HR programs, process, and talent management initiatives in North America in partnership with our Global CPO
- Act as the primary business partner for key business units and leaders
- Guide, mentor, and develop a high-performing, proactive Business Partnership team that can support our scale and growth
- Provide clear and effective counsel to management and business partners on people-related issues including performance management, employee relations, and organizational design
- Provide knowledge and expertise across employment practices as it relates to hiring, terminations, benefits, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with the rest of the global Employee Success team to influence new ways of working, key projects, and improvements
- 10+ years of overall experience; experience as an HR Business Partner in fast growth, global tech company is preferred; or 6-7 years in management consulting with at least 3 years in core HR
- Experience building strong teams and understanding the evolving role of the business partner
- Strong business partner background that has driven business results, performance management, leadership development and coaching, and talent management
- Ability to scale with both a strategic and hands-on aptitude
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders and multitask or re-prioritize as needed in a high-velocity environment.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) at all levels of the business, including senior leadership
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the technology industry or at an enterprise software company
- Experience working in HR Consulting with a focus on tech
- MBA, MA, or MS degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. For US compensation ranges click here.