Senior Data Engineer - Toronto Hub
Canada - Toronto /
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Toronto office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for experienced data engineers to build a cloud-based data analytics solution for the life science industry. If you are passionate about data and are eager to design and build data platforms from the ground up this is the role for you. The data analytics platform will provide data ingestion, data storage, and rich data analytics capabilities with elegant visualization dashboards.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement AWS based ETL processes to onboard data into our data lake from a variety of internal and external sources for our new data analytics platform
- Design data models and data services for optimal storage and retrieval
- Implement scalable data lake interfaces, microservices, and rest based API for querying and storing structured data
- Integrate new technologies to support advanced analytic use cases
- 5+ years’ experience in Python or Java, preferably at an enterprise cloud software company
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Hands-on experience with building data pipelines in a programming language like Java or Python
- 3+ years of experience in relational databases with a mastery of SQL
- Experience in data modeling, ETL development (pref. Apache Spark), and Data warehousing
Nice to Have
- AWS Services (S3, Redshift, Elastic Search)
- Experience with large scale big data pipeline – ETL / Kafka / Spark / MapReduce / Hadoop
- Familiarity with Open API Specifications and Swagger
- Experience working in an agile environment
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.