Business Systems Analyst - Finance
Massachusetts - Boston
IT – 811-G&A IT Admin /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Business Systems Analyst – Finance role is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies supporting Finance and Accounting. This role works closely with internal Finance Business Operations leaders to effectively collect requirements, manage, support, and implement changes to the financial systems landscape. This role will have a primary focus as a Subject Matter Expert for all Financial Systems, helping evolve our ERP, Revenue Management, and surrounding applications and integrations.
What You'll Do
- Builds the foundation for project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Be able to diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows in detail
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle activities - design, develop, and test in alignment with business requirements; work with development teams to build functionality
- Research and resolve high-priority and advanced application issues
- Provide technical and functional expertise across financial systems
- Develop and maintain functional, technical, and internal process documentation
- Work with integration teams to ensure ongoing efficiency & effectiveness in communication between mission-critical applications
- Build expertise among fellow team members and help grow internal team capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in Consulting, Business Analyst, or Administration experience with the implementation or hands-on administration of SaaS ERP/Financial Systems platforms
- Understanding of business accounting & financial processes
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Coaching and mentoring team members to grow internal knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of SOX Audit processes & controls, evidence collection, and audit support
Nice to Have
- Preferred experience with NetSuite ERP, Zuora RevPro, & Blackline (Certifications are a plus)
- Prior experience with a Software or Professional Services Industry
- Experience with Integration Mapping & ETL Tools and Methods (e.g. Dell Boomi, Stitch)
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $56,000 - $150,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.