Canada - Toronto
Engineering Toronto – 756-R&D AI Dev
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
As a Data Scientist for the Andi team, you will work with Andi Product Management, Engineering, and fellow Data Scientists to support product development.
Andi is a solution to coordinate data across life science field teams and through different channels to support intelligent customer engagement. Andi’s Next Best Action capabilities will enable reps to make decisions in the field through the generation of suggestions and insights based on dynamic programming engines and AI.
Your role will be to generate and own the mathematical and behavioral models that will help drive the generation of impactful insights and suggestions. You will assist Engineering in “productizing” the code to ensure it can be scalable and repeatable. Our ideal candidate is multi-talented, with the capabilities to develop statistical, machine learning and optimization models to create scalable solutions that can be embedded within Andi.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about using their deep Data Science expertise to help shape the product development from the early stages of Andi and can envision how Andi will enable reps to make smarter decisions in the field.
What You’ll Do
- Develop advanced algorithms that solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
- Design, develop and assess highly innovative models for adaptive predictive learning, suggestion ranking, anomaly detection, and more
- Collaborate with Engineering to help implement machine learning algorithms and “productize" data science capabilities
- Build and run analysis of models and algorithms in order to assess performance and identify the best algorithms to integrate into Andi
- Ensure models and algorithms support our customers and help them drive towards more intelligent and effective engagement with their customers
- Execute statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. hypothesis testing, machine learning and retrieval processes) on large, unstructured data sets to identify trends and figures
- Work closely with the data warehouse product team to ensure architecture is effectively developed to support algorithms embedded in Andi
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines with at least 2 years of experience; In lieu of a PhD, 6+ years of relevant post-collegiate work experience
- Advanced in-depth specialization in mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling (regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, text mining, etc.)
- Good understanding and experience in data analysis techniques such as: classification, clustering, feature analysis, deep learning, fuzzy matching, sentiment analysis, A/B testing, active/adaptive learning and reinforcement learning
- Advanced knowledge of neural networks or reinforcement learning
- Expertise in using R or Python to manipulate large data sets and develop statistical models, with the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships
- Good SQL skills
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions, even in situations with non-standard problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively explain complex problems and advocate technical solutions to Engineering and customers
Nice to Have
- Experience with commercial aspects of the Life Sciences industry, including Field Sales or Field Medical, especially in GTM strategy
- Experience with Veeva CRM data sets or other commercial Life Sciences data
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience working with Software as a Service and/or enterprise products
- Experience with AWS
- Hands on experience building models with deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow or similar)
- Experience with Data Visualization and dashboarding tools such as Tableau or Qlik
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.