Associate Performance Engineer
Canada - Toronto
Employee Success – 806-G&A ES Corp
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The Vault Performance Engineering Team works within the Vault Development Team and participates in all phases of the software development life cycle.
What You'll Do
- Test new features pre-production to make sure they will scale and perform
- Collaborate with Vault team members in Product Management, Engineering Management and Quality Assurance to help design and develop performance tests
- Implement and execute load tests in JMeter
- Use and update Python scripts for managing test systems
- Work with Senior Performance Engineers to profile code and identify bottlenecks
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Solid CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design)
- Experience with Java and scripting tools such as Python or Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and operating systems
- Proficient with Linux including system tools such as vmstat, top, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and tenacity with problem solving
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Working knowledge of HTML and HTTP
- Good communication skills
- Local to the San Francisco Bay Area
Nice To Have
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner
- Understanding of Java application profiling and analyzing heap and thread dumps
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with Jira or other bug tracking tools
Perks & Benefits
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages, and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Team events and rec league sports teams
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Weekly yoga classes
- Ping pong and other games
At time of application, please make sure to attach the most updated version of your academic transcript.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.