Business Consultant - Life Sciences R&D (Remote)
Germany - Berlin /
Business Consulting – Services : Business Consulting Svcs /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are seeking talented individuals to join the Veeva Business Consulting group in R&D, a priority area for Veeva. We work with senior customer stakeholders, as the partner of choice for 85% of the top 20 Pharmaceutical companies, to define and realize the strategic value of Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Strategy & Operations as well as Quality and Safety (eg. Pharmacovigilance).
As a Consultant, you will manage workstreams on consulting projects for Veeva customers in R&D – planning, organizing, and tracking all aspects of delivery. You will analyze problems, build insightful solutions, and develop close working relationships with customer stakeholders (through face-to-face discussions, workshops, email, etc.) to deliver demonstrable, sustainable value, at the forefront of digital and R&D innovation.
Opportunities are available across Europe for this role as this is a remote position. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in proximity to an airport and able to meet relevant travel requirements. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the EU (for EU locations, incl. Switzerland) and the UK (for UK-based candidates).
What You’ll Do
- Lead a workstream(s) in a project engagement: planning, organizing, and managing all aspects of delivery including scope, quality, resources, risk, and timelines
- Be responsible for the end-to-end design, build, and delivery of deliverables that meet specific project goals and objectives
- Identify and proactively solve problems faced by the customer
- Be a primary client contact for operational project questions, developing the relationship through face-to-face discussions, workshops, phone, and email contact
- Manage the work and priorities of Associate Consultants in your workstream
- Support and mentor Associates in developing skills and professional capabilities
- Build trusted relationships with customer stakeholders
- Bring to your customers a good level of industry/ market/ functional insights
- Input into business development opportunities and proposals
- Help develop and disseminate thought leadership
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree and excellent academic record
- 2+ years of consulting experience
- Strong Life Sciences background with a keen interest in the R&D value chain or at minimum one or more of the following areas: Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Strategy, and Operations, Quality and Safety
- Good understanding of technologies used in R&D and ideally Veeva’s platforms and solutions and how R&D consulting offerings can both leverage and support these
- Good understanding of the business capabilities and drivers underpinning digital technology in health and life sciences and the market forces and trends driving industry change
- Proven analytical skills, able to quantitatively and qualitatively assess problems and communicate responses across a range of issues
- A problem-solving mindset: anticipating issues early, analyzing and proactively finding solutions
- Demonstrated leadership of others in the delivery of outcomes
- Highly efficient project management skills
- Skilled in facilitating collaboration amongst team members
- Able to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and quickly establish credibility
- Have a strong personal impact and ability to influence and persuade a range of stakeholders
- An effective communicator verbally and written, in English, and in the local office language
Nice to Have
- Post-graduate-level qualification, Ph.D., MD, and/or MBA
- Experience with digital technologies – platforms, channels, analytics tools, apps, emerging technology
- Experience working with SaaS solutions
- Fluency in other European languages
Perks & Benefits
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Opportunity for rapid progression
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.