Data Ops Engineer
Canada - Toronto
Business Consulting – Services : Comm Analytics BC Svcs /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Data is the lifeblood of analytics. As an engineering leader with vision, and developer efficiency will drive our data platform to enable our talented team of data scientists and consultants to help life sciences companies understand patients and healthcare professionals who treat them better.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact the success of life sciences companies and patients’ access to their products.
Our preferred candidate can work under tight deadlines and changing project requirements. They can react quickly to resolve problems while maintaining the vision needed for long-term success. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in cloud-based tech (AWS highly preferred), with a firm grasp of emerging cloud technologies, platforms, and applications, and extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, cross-collaboration, networking concepts, and advanced industry knowledge. They are a self-starter, driven, and can handle multiple projects and priorities. From day one, they will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our data solution delivery and operations and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
What You'll Do
- Create roadmaps, assess, review, and audit existing applications and propose solution designs based on the industry-standard framework for a well-architected framework
- Partner with enterprise teams to drive the creation of cloud transformation strategy and infrastructure roadmaps across application, information, business, and technology landscapes
- Architect, implement, and deployment of cloud landing zones, organizational hierarchy design, and validation of security controls
- Architect and deploy multi-tier architectures
- Architect and deploy workload containerization, and container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes)
- Guide implementation of CI/CD pipelines using Terraform or similar technologies, cloud monitoring, and logging tools
- Lead cloud security architecture, security assessments, and audit standards for the Cloud
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices and culture
- Identify and analyze Cloud end-to-end architecture to propose new technologies and find new opportunities for innovation, automation, and optimization
- Establish pilots and POCs for proposed solutions and make recommendations for approvals
- Promote Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and promote CI/CD for faster and repeatable deployment
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance, and maintain cloud knowledge management
- Deep understanding of on-prem to cloud and/or cloud-to-cloud migration strategy, end-to-end execution
- Deep understanding of cloud design patterns, cloud-native architecture and principles, cloud operations, and cloud security models
- 3+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in cloud migration, cloud design, and cloud operation preferably AWS
- In-Depth knowledge of AWS cloud services application integration, functions, cloud databases, data warehouse and analytics, machine learning, developer tools, security, and identity
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing, and implementing high volume, high availability cloud applications with a very high degree of automation
- Quickly understand organizational dynamics and management priorities, and be able to work effectively in a dynamic, results-driven company
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead an in-depth technical meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including cloud compliance and security
- Strong experience with APIs, orchestration, automation, and DevSecOps toolset (GitLab, AWS DevOps toolkit) with previous development of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and configuration management/automation tools such as Terraform, etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience working/collaborating with Master Data Management, Metadata Management, and Data Governance
- Experience working closely with a data science team
- Hands-on Experience with data science workflow tools
- Experience with No-SQL databases like Cassandra, Hbase, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- A critical thinker with strong research, analytics, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and lead less experienced architects
- Knowledge of networking concepts and experience configuring network components in a cloud environment
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools and practices for cloud-based applications
- AWS certifications are a plus
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.