Senior Software Engineer - Java
North Carolina - Raleigh
Engineering – Engineering /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for multiple Senior Software Engineers that are eager to build in a dynamic, startup environment inside a stable, profitable company. Our teams are solving complex problems that impact the speed and effectiveness of the life sciences industry. In this role, you’ll jump right in, develop in rapid sprints, and find quickly that we don’t believe in throwaway technology. You build it -- we ship it.
You have extensive experience in Java applications and the latest open source technologies. Ideal candidates have worked in enterprise software development or for a high-growth technology company.
What You'll Do
- Rapidly build new applications on an existing, robust enterprise platform
- Build new cloud infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in software development
- Drive new features and improvements in a fast-changing environment
- Partner with product management, design, and QA to deliver cutting-edge solutions and direct value to our customers
- Work on multiple layers of our stack including backend (primary), front-end, and DevOps
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years experience in Java, preferably at an enterprise cloud software company
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Hands-on experience with open source technologies such as: Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Solr, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Mockito, Tomcat, Linux, AWS, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience in relational databases with a mastery of SQL
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
- Applicants must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States. Veeva will not provide sponsorship at this time
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $110,000 - $270,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.