QA Engineer - Safety
Canada - Toronto
Safety – 753-R&D Safety QA
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva Systems is looking for a QA Engineer that likes to figure out how things work and make sure they are working correctly. This is a hands-on position for delivering a quality SaaS product. You should want to be part of fast-paced team who takes pride in building great software and making customers happy. Come join us in building game-changing products for Pharmacovigilance (drug safety).
What You’ll Do
- Create testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk
- Work closely with the automation group to automate features for better regression coverage, automate production issues, execute scripts, and triage automation runs
- Develop deep expertise in the product
- Conduct QA tests and verify outcomes within schedules/timelines
- Work with software engineers, product managers, and other QA testers in an Agile team environment
- 1-4 years of QA/Development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycles
- Experience in writing test cases and test scenarios that cover both sanity and in-depth testing including and not limited to boundary, negative, compatibility and concurrency tests
- Bachelor’s in Mathematics or Computer Science/Applications or similar field
Nice to Have
- Experience in Java, Python, or other object-oriented programming language like Java
- Experience with Atlassian products like Jira, Greenhopper, Clover is an advantage
- Experience in a SaaS environment that has an agile development process is a huge plus
Perks & Benefits
· Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
· Snacks, beverages, and weekly lunches from local restaurants
· Team events and rec league sports teams
· Allocations for continuous learning & development
· Health & wellness programs
· Weekly yoga classes
· Ping pong and other games
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.