Technical Curriculum Developer (Remote)
North Carolina - Raleigh
Training Services – Services : Training Svcs /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Veeva Curriculum Developer creates innovative administrator and technical learning content for Veeva customers, partners, and employees looking to build industry-related Veeva software skills. In this role, you will focus on translating complex topics into engaging, digestible, and scalable educational experiences in a variety of delivery formats for a range of learner personas that use Veeva technology, services, and data products. You must be comfortable working autonomously as well as with SMEs and stakeholders and have a natural affinity for gaining deep expertise yourself.
A successful candidate in this role brings a strong background in curriculum development for technical SaaS products and instructional design, system administrator, or software development skills. To be successful in this position, you will learn new skills at a quick pace to keep up with product enhancements and actively contribute to the ongoing innovation of our processes. We operate as an inclusive team of owners/builders at Veeva and expect this role to collaboratively embrace our core values of doing the right thing, customer success, employee success, and speed.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Conduct instructional research and task analysis on learner and role context that incorporates a real-world point of view
- Apply adult learning theory to the design of engaging training experiences and the development of associated learning assets
- Use modern authoring tools to build, deploy, and update courses and supporting materials in the appropriate formats (instructor-led, video, e-Learning, hands-on lab, interactivity, and assessments)
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs and stakeholders to validate learning objectives, technical accuracy, and incorporate feedback
- Develop a working knowledge of various capabilities of Veeva products and underlying technologies with the aim of becoming an expert in one or more areas
- Develop instructionally sound knowledge, skill, and job performance-based assessments
- Participate in TTT and first-teach classes or workshops to pilot new material
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of course lab environments, along with associated data sets required for case studies
- Manage projects with accuracy, transparency, and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Provide solutions and innovation to training and enablement strategy and processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience working in one or more applicable technology areas: relational databases, business intelligence tools, systems administration, data migration, SaaS systems implementation, and software development
- Consistent track record of accountability in delivering quality projects on time
- Ability to both collaborate and work independently in a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the initiative to build collaborative, productive relationships across all lines of business
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly take on new challenges and pivot direction if needed
- 3+ years of curriculum development experience, including:
- Writing administrator or technical learning content with hands-on interactivity
- Expertise using a variety of tools to create and publish interactive courseware (such as Articulate 360, TechSmith Camtasia, WellSaid, and learning management systems)
- Excellent written, visual design, and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have
- Master's degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Life sciences experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, or clinical research industries
- System administration or implementation experience with Veeva Products is a big plus
- Shareable work portfolio of previously developed course materials
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $60,000 - $160,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.