Software Engineering Manager in Test
Ohio - Columbus /
QA & Release Engineering – 749-R&D Nitro QA /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
At Veeva, we seek an experienced leader who is passionate about quality, and believes that all defects should be found through automated testing. As a Manager of SDET, you are responsible for leading a team of skilled automation engineers, developing innovative, effective, and performant test suites, as well as driving improvements in our development and testing practices. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background, excellent problem-solving skills, and a track record of achieving results.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage a team of Automation Engineers to develop and maintain test automation frameworks and infrastructure
- Define, design, develop, and maintain test automation frameworks using industry best practices
- Develop innovative tools to boost testing efficiency, debug failures, and generate high-level reports to communicate results
- Monitor, analyze, and report on test automation results to identify and address issues promptly
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Development, Quality Assurance, and Product Management, to ensure high-quality software releases
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and advancements in test automation methodologies and tools
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- 7+ years of experience in the software industry, with a strong passion for quality processes
- 3+ years of management experience in test automation
- Proven experience in defining, designing, developing, and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Strong programming skills and software design methodology
- Experience in testing and automating APIs and UIs
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, organization, and communication skills
- Experience in developing Automation Frameworks from scratch using industry best practices
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, test methodologies, and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science/Applications, or a similar field
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.