Senior Software Engineer - Python
Massachusetts - Boston /
Engineering – Engineering /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Join an experienced team building a product to help doctors (and other healthcare providers) get the information they need from the life science industry to improve patient care.
This position will build new APIs and web applications to complement the Engage Connect mobile applications, using a modern architecture.
What You'll Do
- Rapidly build new applications on an existing, robust enterprise platform
- Build new cloud infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in software development
- Drive new features and improvements in a fast-changing environment
- Partner with product management, design, and QA to deliver cutting-edge solutions and direct value to our customers
- Work on multiple layers of our stack including backend (primary), front-end, and DevOps
- Mentor junior engineers
- 6+ years working on a software engineering team
- 5+ years of developing web applications or web services
- Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or a similar technical degree
- Willingness to continue learning and developing as a professional
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Prior experience building business-to-consumer software products
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and microservice patterns
- Passion for writing well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Creativity and a desire to explore new technologies
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Knowledge of SaaS applications, SaaS deployment models, and SaaS DevOps
- Prior experience developing or supporting mobile applications
- Comfortable working in an agile environment