Business Systems Analyst, Product Support Systems
Ohio - Columbus
Operations – 811-G&A IT Admin
At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies utilized by employee success, quality & compliance, and various training teams. This role works closely with global business teams to effectively identify requirements, define scalable business processes, implement changes, manage project plans and perform release management.
What You'll Do
- Builds the foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to business vision. Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle by establishing agreements and serving as a liaison between business users and the project team.
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops. Be able to diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows in detail.
- Act as the project manager for implementation of the solution – identify stakeholders, risk identification and mitigation, communication, define and drive schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate).
- Provide technical and functional expertise across learning management systems. Serve as SME across various application platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify system and process improvements.
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle activities - design, develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
- Provide product support, track escalations, perform root cause analysis and work with vendors to resolve issues.
- Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, release notes and conduct end-user training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years application requirements gathering and design
- Learning management system administration experience
- Experience with Articulate
- Understanding of various training delivery methods and formats
- Strong Business Analysis and Project Management skills
- Prior experience in release management is desirable.
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication. Solid presentation skills are desired.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented. Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Commitment to excellence in the delivery of customer service.
- Comfortable in working with personnel at all levels of the organization.
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Moodle
- Administration experience with Absorb LMS
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.