Germany - Berlin /
Engineering – 721-R&D Opendata Dev /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva OpenData supports the industry by providing real-time reference data across the complete healthcare ecosystem to support commercial sales execution, compliance, and business analytics. We drive value to our customers through constant innovation, using cloud-based solutions and state-of-the-art technologies to deliver product excellence and customer success. The OpenData Global Data Tools team delivers the tools and data processing pipelines to build the global data core for life sciences in 100+ countries.
As a Data Engineer of the Global Data Tools team, you will take responsibility for the OpenData processing workflows. You will be developing complex algorithms, building and maintaining data relationships through data processing pipelines, ensuring data quality in our reference data, and working closely with Product and Data Operations teams to adapt our reference data to changing demands in the market.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain data processing pipelines using state-of-the-art technologies
- Develop algorithms to build complex data relationships
- Work with Python on Spark-based data pipelines
- Build analytical data structures to support reporting tools
- Automate quality control processes
- Fluent in Python programming language and PySpark (3+ years of experience)
- 3+ years of experience developing data pipelines using cloud-managed Spark clusters (e.g., AWS EMR, Databricks)
- Proficient with SQL / SparkSQL
- Experienced algorithm developer
- Hands-on experience working with a Data Lakehouse
Nice to Have
- Experience running data workflows through DevOps pipelines
- Develop data pipelines with cloud orchestration tools (e.g., Airflow, AWS Steps, or similar from other cloud vendors)
- Valuable experience working with Scala or Kotlin programming languages
- Previous experience in the Life Sciences sector
Perks & Benefits
- Benefits package including Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), family health insurance, and contributions to private pension plans
- Annual allocations for continuous learning, development & charitable contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Work anywhere
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and growing a diverse workforce. Diversity makes us stronger. It comes in many forms. Gender, race, ethnicity, religion, politics, sexual orientation, age, disability and life experience shape us all into unique individuals. We value people for the individuals they are and the contributions they can bring to our teams.