Canada - Toronto
Data Operations – 771-R&D Pulse PM /
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for a talented and experienced data engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data engineering principles and practices, as well as experience with a variety of data processing and analysis tools. The data engineer will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our data infrastructure, as well as developing and implementing data pipelines.
This remote role may occasionally involve in-office collaboration.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and maintain our data infrastructure, including data warehouses, data lakes, and data pipelines
- Use our proprietary big data to extract, transform, and load data from a variety of sources
- Work with product managers, data scientists, and other stakeholders to design and implement data-driven solutions
- Run jobs and ensure these jobs work and can scale
- Monitor and maintain our data infrastructure to ensure data quality and availability
- Stay up-to-date on the latest data engineering technologies and trends
- Tune databases
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong understanding of data engineering principles and practices
- Experience with a variety of data processing and analysis tools, including MySQL, Apache Druid, StarRocks
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to tune the database to optimize performance
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and as part of a team, and will be able to work extended hours during peak times
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS
- Previous experience in the Life Sciences industry
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.