General Manager, Colorado & Mountain Region
Denver, CO /
Business Operations /
Full time - On Site
Veho's mission is to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers.
For too long, parcel delivery companies have focused solely on efficiencies and cost-management. Veho focuses on the end-customer. As the first technology company of its kind, Veho replaces the old delivery trucks with a platform of crowdsourced drivers and a network of hyper-local distribution centers. We partner with some of the most recognized consumer brands such as Warby Parker and Hello Fresh to provide an incredible experience with every delivery, and give customers control on how, when and where their package is delivered.
Customers LOVE us. Despite growing at a record-speed over the past two years, we maintain an incredibly high customer satisfaction rating of 4.9/5 stars, and an unprecedented on-time delivery rate of 99.9% - far above every other company in the country.
In short, we are building the logistics platform of the future.
Veho is backed by former top executives and board members at Uber, FedEx, UPS, eBay and Amazon; three former public company CEOs, and early investors in Lyft and Instacart. We are a team of leaders who are passionate about building an incredible company that will change the face of this industry.
As a General Manager, you will be primarily responsible for steering and scaling our operation in the Colorado & Mountain Region and additional markets in the United States. You will be responsible for the success of our current operations: local pickups, warehouse operations including sortation and driver launch, dispatch operations including delivery success, customer satisfaction, client satisfaction, and maintaining and growing a healthy Veho team. You will additionally be responsible for extending our footprint within this market, expanding service offering, and working with our sales and accounts teams to execute on new client ramp-ups.
You will be the primary conduit between the central HQ team and the teammates on the ground in your market who interact with our drivers and customers every day. You will own the market P&L, establish KPIs and team budgets, and drive continuous improvement based on metrics.
You will head an organization of several dozen Veho team members, across dispatch, ground operations, and other administrative functions. As a team manager, you will be responsible for the professional development of your team of supervisors, and will help teach them the skills necessary to be successful in the operation while listening to their aspirations, and helping shape them as managers in their own right.
This role requires decisiveness and team management skills, as well as data analysis and obsession with numbers, operational excellence, and ultimately providing an exceptional experience to our clients and drivers.
An ideal candidate
- Has 3+ years of experience managing managers and processes with a high standard of excellence and low margin for error.
- Has a people-first mindset and has excelled at managing and optimizing a physical operation with ground associates.
- Is empathetic and cares deeply about the success of their teammates and goes above and beyond to support them.
- Has prior experience in a startup, growing company, or other environment where you rapidly developed and iterated on processes.
- Is motivated by numbers, has proven experience setting and following success metrics, analyzing data and communicating decisions that are rooted in numbers. Proficiency in SQL is preferred.
- Has strong attention to detail, insistence on thorough accountability, and rigorous systems mindset.
- Is a process builder; has a habit of documenting and designing clear processes that can be easily taught and followed.
- Has stamina, and will dig deep when the operation is difficult.
- Is very receptive to feedback, but is discerning and will push back if you do not understand or agree.
- Has a bias to action. Makes choices and acts fast, but has a habit of reflection after the fact.
- Is a team player, able to communicate clearly and concisely with your team to accomplish goals.