Senior/Lead Program Manager (Systems)
Product & Technology – Program/Project Management /
About Veloce Energy
Veloce is a fast-growing leader in the electrification of transportation and transformation of the grid edge. We are dedicated and passionate about the electrification of everything as a means to fight climate change and air pollution while creating a just transition empowering all. While we each bring our strengths, we drive collaboratively to reach our overall goals. Our co-founders have helped shape the solar, storage, e-Mobility and retail energy industries. We are seeking diverse, passionate, driven people to lead us further at all levels. Join us if you want to shape a just clean energy future.
Reporting to the VP of Technology and Product, the position calls for a ‘clean transport-passionate’ and driven individual who use project management processes developing products directly related to Veloce’s business, accelerating both technology adoption and market penetration. Veloce is developing innovative Electrification products within the EV, Energy Storage, and Grid space. The position is responsible for executing policy and regulatory initiatives, working in tandem with personnel from the sales, marketing, business development and product management team.
We are looking for an exceptional team player who brings business savvy and customer orientation to project management work. You are a relationship builder, bridge builder and passionate about informing policymakers and experienced as a communicator. It is mandatory that you have worked with policy stakeholders in key states that are at the forefront of clean energy and transport policy. This role will involve travel.
As the first hire into the Program & Project Management Office, you will be responsible for establishing at Veloce – and as such, should have successfully establishing similar functions. Starting with a small, dynamic team of engineers, this person will be managing multiple projects directly comprised of both Veloce Team Members and development partners.
In this role, you will
- Project Manage various hardware and software product development initiatives
- Manage all aspects of a product development projects including schedule, scope, budget, risk, quality, and resources with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manage teams in all phases of product life cycle development (from concept through develop, testing, and launch);
- Responsible for overseeing successful completion of various projects (including hardware and software);
- Develop and implement detailed Project Management Methods, based on the Veloce NPI/NPD processes
- Build strong relationships within Veloce across various departments and functions, procure/secure various items and resources critical to the project
- Prepare budget estimates, develop detailed project plans, develop resource allocation plans across multiple project development efforts
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Project; Provide regular status updates to Management and Executive Teams
- As the business grows, the right candidate will grow with the business to:
- Oversee, supervise other Project Managers, develop objectives, and evaluate performance of the PM team
- Establish/run Veloce’s Project Management Office
- Refine the Veloce NPD/NPI Processes
- Develop & Drive Agile Methodologies
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating objectivity and clarity while maintaining project schedules.
Your Communications acumen
- Exceptional communication skills, are adept at reframing various challenges depending on the audience, and can communicate within a variety of mediums
- Effective at advocating for ideas with credibility and diplomacy; you are known to build relationships with stakeholders, and enjoy working in a dynamic (startup environment)
- Able to establish AND maintain trust and credibility, act with complete integrity at all times, and encourage the same within your teammates; foster an open collaborative atmosphere
- Coordinate day-to-day aspects of projects including quality of work product, client communications, scheduling, and utilizing internal and external delivery team members to delivery results.
Experience & Education
- You have at least 7+ years of project management experience with 3yrs or more in Supervisory roles
- Experience within power electronics, power systems, clean energy/transport, electro-mechanical, and/or DER-grid technologies preferred
- Proven leadership experience and/or have previously participated in green field PMO efforts
- Your Education
- A Bachelor’s degree, (with a Minor/Major in Engineering); Master’s degree preferred
- PMP or other appropriate Certification,
- In lieu of a formal training, significant relevant industry experience as a PM and having completed formal training in various PM methods may be considered an appropriate substitute
- Experience with Commercial electric or natural gas utility energy efficiency programs is a plus
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace will make Veloce a stronger and more flexible organization, better able to create technological and social change. We believe diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective all drive innovation. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued and creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We are rapidly growing our company and will help people manage their careers while we create the future together.