Embedded Controls / Firmware Engineer
Engineering – Hardware /
About Veloce Energy
Veloce is a fast-growing leader in the electrification of transportation and transformation of the grid edge. We are dedicated and passionate about the electrification of everything as a means to fight climate change and air pollution while creating a just transition empowering all. While we each bring our strengths, we drive collaboratively to reach our overall goals. Our co-founders have helped shape the solar, storage, e-Mobility and retail energy industries. We are seeking diverse, passionate, driven people to lead us further at all levels. Join us if you want to shape a just clean energy future.
Veloce Energy is seeking a Embedded Controls Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be a key member of the Hardware Innovations Innovation team. As an Engineer with programming experience, you will assist with software design and architecture for Grid Edge products developed by the Veloce Power Systems Team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Every person and position at Veloce is responsible for being innovative, creative, and solutions-oriented to our customers, the company and our mission.
- Controls programming for large Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) and power distribution systems
- Interface design/programming for API/HMI to BESS
- Customer support for application interface(s) to BESS
- Electrical design sustaining engineering for BESS product (ECOs, variants)
- Work with cross functional teams consisting of mechanical, software/firmware engineers, and field engineering professionals
- Assist with design verification and test (DVT), regulatory test
- Assist with preparation of user documentation for relevant APIs
- When necessary, travel will be required to support units deploy at customer and field locations
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate expense reports
Education, Experience, Qualifications
- BSEE Engineering or equivalent field with 5+yrs of experience
- MSEE or similar preferred with 3+ yrs of experience
- Relevant work experience involving controls and/or programming
- Has excellent software documentation skills
- Proficient in one or more high-level languages (C, C++, Pascal, etc.)
- Experience with standard business tools (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with Electrical Design Automation (EDA) tools (Cadence, Altium)
- Experience with embedded programming for Power Electronics and/or Power Conversion devices required
- Experience with energy storage systems preferred
- Familiarity with Agile processes and relevant project management environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork including an ability to work with remote and local team members, vendors and customers in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment; Ability to communicate clearly with presentations, use of email, online communications tools
- Equity participation possible
- We offer competitive compensation, including health and other care, 401k, holidays and vacation.
- We provide an exceptional work environment, and work that will change the world
Our hardware is developed in our Center for Innovation located in Fort Collins/Loveland, CO
A high level of remote work is possible
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace will make Veloce a stronger and more flexible organization, better able to create technological and social change. We believe diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective all drive innovation. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued and creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. We are rapidly growing our company and will help people manage their careers while we create the future together.